Nov 14, 2013, 2:16 AM EDT
The search for answers in Edmonton continues. It’s been a long, hard process. And it’s still ongoing, by the looks of things.
On Wednesday, the Oilers lost 3-0 to the Dallas Stars, making it three consecutive home games in which they have been shut out. That sets a rather humiliating franchise record. Other more important records are getting battered around, too.
The Oilers have four wins in their first 20 games to begin the 2013-14 season. Against the Stars, the Oilers had chances, but couldn’t score.
Two empty-net goals in the final minute secured the win for the Stars, while Oilers’ fans went home dismayed and disappointed yet again. This one was there for them and their team.
“Well, you need to score to win games,” Oilers head coach Dallas Eakins said afterward, according to the team’s website.
“I thought early we had chances, some great chances that could have been easily converted. We didn’t, obviously, convert on them.”
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 3
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 102
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 88
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 19
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (102)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (88)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)