Nov 14, 2013, 6:41 PM EST
The Washington Capitals recalled defenseman Tyson Strachan from AHL Hershey on Thursday afternoon, and the main reason why is because there are questions as to whether or not Mike Green is healthy enough to play.
CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley hears from Caps coach Adam Oates about Green’s nagging lower-body issue. Oates says it’s a bruise although it was thought it was a groin injury.
“He’ll get a couple more treatments and we’ll see how he is in the morning,” Oates said.
If Green can’t go, Strachan looks to be the temporary solution. While Green is a puck-moving and scoring defenseman, Strachan is a big, physical defender that will throw a few punches.
On the upside for the Capitals, it sounds like Green’s problem isn’t a major one.
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 1
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 14
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 0
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 21
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 13
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 9
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)