Nov 14, 2013, 6:41 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals recalled defenseman Tyson Strachan from AHL Hershey on Thursday afternoon, and the main reason why is because there are questions as to whether or not Mike Green is healthy enough to play.
CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley hears from Caps coach Adam Oates about Green’s nagging lower-body issue. Oates says it’s a bruise although it was thought it was a groin injury.
“He’ll get a couple more treatments and we’ll see how he is in the morning,” Oates said.
If Green can’t go, Strachan looks to be the temporary solution. While Green is a puck-moving and scoring defenseman, Strachan is a big, physical defender that will throw a few punches.
On the upside for the Capitals, it sounds like Green’s problem isn’t a major one.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 10
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 20
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 24
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 41
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 66
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 91
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 26
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (150)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (103)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)