Nov 14, 2013, 5:02 PM EDT
On Wednesday, the Buffalo Sabres breathed optimism into a sad-sack season by naming Ted Nolan their new head coach and franchise legend Pat LaFontaine as president of hockey operations.
So… now what?
On Thursday, Brough and I tried to answer that. In speaking with NBC’s Kay Adams, we discussed the challenges ahead for both Nolan and LaFontaine, which include:
— Raising Buffalo’s competitiveness (or, for you sports jargon enthusiasts, compete level).
— Finding a GM to replace Darcy Regier.
— Prepare for the ’14 Draft.
— Figure out how to improve player development for prospects currently in the system.
All that and more, in the latest edition of PHT Extra…
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34