Nov 14, 2013, 5:02 PM EDT
On Wednesday, the Buffalo Sabres breathed optimism into a sad-sack season by naming Ted Nolan their new head coach and franchise legend Pat LaFontaine as president of hockey operations.
So… now what?
On Thursday, Brough and I tried to answer that. In speaking with NBC’s Kay Adams, we discussed the challenges ahead for both Nolan and LaFontaine, which include:
– Raising Buffalo’s competitiveness (or, for you sports jargon enthusiasts, compete level).
– Finding a GM to replace Darcy Regier.
– Prepare for the ’14 Draft.
– Figure out how to improve player development for prospects currently in the system.
All that and more, in the latest edition of PHT Extra…
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 9
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 19
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 24
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 40
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 64
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (150)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (102)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)