Nov 14, 2013, 10:25 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins won their fourth game in a row by taking out the Columbus Blue Jackets 3-2 in overtime.
For Lucic, the goal was his team-leading eighth of the year. Keep in mind he had only seven goals all last year.
Those numbers are also important for the Blue Jackets as they’ve lost seven of their last eight games. Incredibly, if the Jackets beat the Montreal Canadiens on Friday night, they’ll be just two points back of third place in the Metropolitan Division.
Sure is nice to be in the Eastern Conference, isn’t it?
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 9
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)