Nov 14, 2013, 12:05 AM EDT
Kadri could be getting a call from the National Hockey League for a pair of incidents Wednesday, including one in which he ran Minnesota Wild goalie Niklas Backstrom.
Kadri cut through the Minnesota crease and then slammed into Backstrom. The video replay appears to show him following through with his right elbow as he made contact with the puck stopper.
Directly below is a replay of the Kadri hit on Backstrom.
Now, this incident appears similar to one from almost two full years ago, when Jordin Tootoo, then with the Nashville Predators, ran over Ryan Miller of the Buffalo Sabres.
Tootoo received a two-game suspension for this incident, which could act as a precedent for any potential supplemental discipline Kadri may be facing.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 0
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 7
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)