Nov 14, 2013, 12:05 AM EDT
Kadri could be getting a call from the National Hockey League for a pair of incidents Wednesday, including one in which he ran Minnesota Wild goalie Niklas Backstrom.
Kadri cut through the Minnesota crease and then slammed into Backstrom. The video replay appears to show him following through with his right elbow as he made contact with the puck stopper.
Directly below is a replay of the Kadri hit on Backstrom.
Now, this incident appears similar to one from almost two full years ago, when Jordin Tootoo, then with the Nashville Predators, ran over Ryan Miller of the Buffalo Sabres.
Tootoo received a two-game suspension for this incident, which could act as a precedent for any potential supplemental discipline Kadri may be facing.
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 16
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)