Nov 14, 2013, 12:05 AM EDT
Kadri could be getting a call from the National Hockey League for a pair of incidents Wednesday, including one in which he ran Minnesota Wild goalie Niklas Backstrom.
Kadri cut through the Minnesota crease and then slammed into Backstrom. The video replay appears to show him following through with his right elbow as he made contact with the puck stopper.
Directly below is a replay of the Kadri hit on Backstrom.
Now, this incident appears similar to one from almost two full years ago, when Jordin Tootoo, then with the Nashville Predators, ran over Ryan Miller of the Buffalo Sabres.
Tootoo received a two-game suspension for this incident, which could act as a precedent for any potential supplemental discipline Kadri may be facing.
- West update: Stars blow lead yet still improve hold on wild card spot 0
- East update: Red Wings eke out shootout win for key points 0
- Luongo continues to foil Schneider as Panthers damage Devils’ playoff hopes 0
- TGIF: In which we salivate over potential playoff matchups 10
- Backstrom to receive silver medal, IOC says Sweden doctor ‘made a serious error’ 28
- Pens lose Neal to concussion 56
- Here are the top 10 and bottom 10 goalies in even-strength save percentage 21
- Weekend preview: Flyers-Pens rivalry renewed, Bruins look to stay hot 12
- Video: Stamkos scores first goal since returning to Lightning lineup 4
- Sedin backs Tortorella and staff: ‘We love playing for these coaches’ 26
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)
- Cooke to play 1,000th game tomorrow (56)