Nov 14, 2013, 12:05 AM EDT
Kadri could be getting a call from the National Hockey League for a pair of incidents Wednesday, including one in which he ran Minnesota Wild goalie Niklas Backstrom.
Kadri cut through the Minnesota crease and then slammed into Backstrom. The video replay appears to show him following through with his right elbow as he made contact with the puck stopper.
Directly below is a replay of the Kadri hit on Backstrom.
Now, this incident appears similar to one from almost two full years ago, when Jordin Tootoo, then with the Nashville Predators, ran over Ryan Miller of the Buffalo Sabres.
Tootoo received a two-game suspension for this incident, which could act as a precedent for any potential supplemental discipline Kadri may be facing.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 23
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 37
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 98
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 11
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 21
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 37
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)