Nov 14, 2013, 7:32 PM EDT
There’s finally some good news for Steven Stamkos.
After four days, Stamkos was released from Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston and returned home to Tampa. He tweeted his thanks to the doctors and staff for helping him out after breaking his tibia on Monday afternoon.
Stamkos had an operation on his broken leg on Tuesday. After a day of recovery, he’s back in Florida to soak in the sun and the beach. Somehow that doesn’t sound as great when you’ve got to deal with the pain associated with a busted limb.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 17
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 9
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54