Nov 14, 2013, 7:32 PM EDT
There’s finally some good news for Steven Stamkos.
After four days, Stamkos was released from Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston and returned home to Tampa. He tweeted his thanks to the doctors and staff for helping him out after breaking his tibia on Monday afternoon.
Nice to be back home in tampa. Can't thank all the staff at Mass General enough for all their hard work and dedication the past 4 days !—
steven stamkos (@RealStamkos91) November 14, 2013
Stamkos had an operation on his broken leg on Tuesday. After a day of recovery, he’s back in Florida to soak in the sun and the beach. Somehow that doesn’t sound as great when you’ve got to deal with the pain associated with a busted limb.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 5
- In praise of John Tavares 13
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 20
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36