Nov 14, 2013, 7:32 PM EST
There’s finally some good news for Steven Stamkos.
After four days, Stamkos was released from Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston and returned home to Tampa. He tweeted his thanks to the doctors and staff for helping him out after breaking his tibia on Monday afternoon.
Stamkos had an operation on his broken leg on Tuesday. After a day of recovery, he’s back in Florida to soak in the sun and the beach. Somehow that doesn’t sound as great when you’ve got to deal with the pain associated with a busted limb.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 8
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 35
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 18
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 35
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32