Nov 14, 2013, 12:57 AM EDT
It keeps getting worse for the Edmonton Oilers.
On Wednesday, the Oilers were shut out on home ice by the Dallas Stars, losing 3-0 after giving up two goals in the final minute of regulation.
That makes it three straight games on home ice in which the Oilers have been blanked on the scoreboard.
According to TSN play-by-play man Gord Miller, it is the first time in Oilers franchise history this has happened.
Needing a goal against the Stars, the Oilers conjured seven shots on goal in the third period.
Their last goal on home ice: Oct. 24 against the Washington Capitals. You may be hard-pressed to remember who scored for Edmonton in that game. It was Justin Schultz, with 2:04 remaining in the third period.
Oh, but there’s more.
In seven home games, the Oilers have just one victory. Through 20 games overall, they have a 4-14-2 record.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 27
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 78
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (79)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)