Nov 14, 2013, 12:57 AM EDT
It keeps getting worse for the Edmonton Oilers.
On Wednesday, the Oilers were shut out on home ice by the Dallas Stars, losing 3-0 after giving up two goals in the final minute of regulation.
That makes it three straight games on home ice in which the Oilers have been blanked on the scoreboard.
According to TSN play-by-play man Gord Miller, it is the first time in Oilers franchise history this has happened.
Needing a goal against the Stars, the Oilers conjured seven shots on goal in the third period.
Their last goal on home ice: Oct. 24 against the Washington Capitals. You may be hard-pressed to remember who scored for Edmonton in that game. It was Justin Schultz, with 2:04 remaining in the third period.
Oilers haven't scored a goal at home in 182:04 minutes…—
Jason Gregor (@JasonGregor) November 14, 2013
Oh, but there’s more.
In seven home games, the Oilers have just one victory. Through 20 games overall, they have a 4-14-2 record.
- Wild hoping last change can help turn the tide versus Avs 0
- Wild changes: Kuemper starts, Brodziak sits, Heatley draws in 2
- No hearing scheduled for Richards after Couture spear 8
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 14
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 25
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 31
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 41
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 68
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 91
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (152)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (111)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)