Nov 14, 2013, 12:57 AM EST
It keeps getting worse for the Edmonton Oilers.
On Wednesday, the Oilers were shut out on home ice by the Dallas Stars, losing 3-0 after giving up two goals in the final minute of regulation.
That makes it three straight games on home ice in which the Oilers have been blanked on the scoreboard.
According to TSN play-by-play man Gord Miller, it is the first time in Oilers franchise history this has happened.
Needing a goal against the Stars, the Oilers conjured seven shots on goal in the third period.
Their last goal on home ice: Oct. 24 against the Washington Capitals. You may be hard-pressed to remember who scored for Edmonton in that game. It was Justin Schultz, with 2:04 remaining in the third period.
Oh, but there’s more.
In seven home games, the Oilers have just one victory. Through 20 games overall, they have a 4-14-2 record.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)