Nov 14, 2013, 8:49 AM EDT
After receiving a two-minute minor on Wednesday for running over Minnesota Wild goaltender Niklas Backstrom, it looks like Toronto’s Nazem Kadri might receive further discipline. The NHL has confirmed that they have scheduled a phone hearing with Kadri.
If you missed the incident, you can view it below:
Although the 35-year-old goaltender didn’t immediately exit the game, it wasn’t long before he was forced to end his night with what the Wild are calling an upper-body injury.
The NHL’s announcement regarding Kadri makes no mention of his other controversial hit of the night. The 23-year-old forward received a match penalty in the third period for hitting Mikael Granlund in the head:
Analyst Mike Milbury suggested that “somebody has to take care of Nazem Kadri” by fighting him down the road. However, Wild coach Mike Yeo doesn’t believe his team matches Toronto in terms of toughness.
“If we want to start trading off, we go after Kadri, next thing you know, what are they going to go after?” Yeo asked.
In the end though, it was the Wild that ended up on top. Zach Parise scored the game-tying goal with just 4:17 remaining in regulation time en route to a 2-1 shootout win.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)