Nov 14, 2013, 8:49 AM EST
After receiving a two-minute minor on Wednesday for running over Minnesota Wild goaltender Niklas Backstrom, it looks like Toronto’s Nazem Kadri might receive further discipline. The NHL has confirmed that they have scheduled a phone hearing with Kadri.
If you missed the incident, you can view it below:
Although the 35-year-old goaltender didn’t immediately exit the game, it wasn’t long before he was forced to end his night with what the Wild are calling an upper-body injury.
The NHL’s announcement regarding Kadri makes no mention of his other controversial hit of the night. The 23-year-old forward received a match penalty in the third period for hitting Mikael Granlund in the head:
Analyst Mike Milbury suggested that “somebody has to take care of Nazem Kadri” by fighting him down the road. However, Wild coach Mike Yeo doesn’t believe his team matches Toronto in terms of toughness.
“If we want to start trading off, we go after Kadri, next thing you know, what are they going to go after?” Yeo asked.
In the end though, it was the Wild that ended up on top. Zach Parise scored the game-tying goal with just 4:17 remaining in regulation time en route to a 2-1 shootout win.
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 4
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 4
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 4
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)