Nov 14, 2013, 8:49 AM EDT
After receiving a two-minute minor on Wednesday for running over Minnesota Wild goaltender Niklas Backstrom, it looks like Toronto’s Nazem Kadri might receive further discipline. The NHL has confirmed that they have scheduled a phone hearing with Kadri.
If you missed the incident, you can view it below:
Although the 35-year-old goaltender didn’t immediately exit the game, it wasn’t long before he was forced to end his night with what the Wild are calling an upper-body injury.
The NHL’s announcement regarding Kadri makes no mention of his other controversial hit of the night. The 23-year-old forward received a match penalty in the third period for hitting Mikael Granlund in the head:
Analyst Mike Milbury suggested that “somebody has to take care of Nazem Kadri” by fighting him down the road. However, Wild coach Mike Yeo doesn’t believe his team matches Toronto in terms of toughness.
“If we want to start trading off, we go after Kadri, next thing you know, what are they going to go after?” Yeo asked.
In the end though, it was the Wild that ended up on top. Zach Parise scored the game-tying goal with just 4:17 remaining in regulation time en route to a 2-1 shootout win.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 6
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 30
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)