Nov 14, 2013, 9:59 PM EDT
The New York Islanders blew a 2-0 third period lead and dropped their fifth game of their last six, losing to the Los Angeles Kings 3-2.
Slava Voynov, Tanner Pearson, and Tyler Toffoli all scored in the third to give the Kings their first win since losing goalie Jonathan Quick to a groin injury. Scrivens stopped 23 shots in the win, but only had to stop three shots in the third period as the Kings dominated play late. Voynov and rookie Linden Vey each finished with two points.
For Pearson, it was his first career NHL goal. Toffoli’s game-winner was his third goal of the year and extended his points streak to five games.
The news for the Islanders isn’t so hot. Their poor play of late, including blowing their third two-goal lead of the year. It’s the second time they’ve done that in the third period this season. That’s… Not good.
- WATCH LIVE: Montreal Canadiens vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 1) 3
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 77
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 32
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 55
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (77)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (55)