Nov 14, 2013, 9:59 PM EDT
The New York Islanders blew a 2-0 third period lead and dropped their fifth game of their last six, losing to the Los Angeles Kings 3-2.
Slava Voynov, Tanner Pearson, and Tyler Toffoli all scored in the third to give the Kings their first win since losing goalie Jonathan Quick to a groin injury. Scrivens stopped 23 shots in the win, but only had to stop three shots in the third period as the Kings dominated play late. Voynov and rookie Linden Vey each finished with two points.
For Pearson, it was his first career NHL goal. Toffoli’s game-winner was his third goal of the year and extended his points streak to five games.
The news for the Islanders isn’t so hot. Their poor play of late, including blowing their third two-goal lead of the year. It’s the second time they’ve done that in the third period this season. That’s… Not good.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)