Nov 14, 2013, 9:59 PM EDT
The New York Islanders blew a 2-0 third period lead and dropped their fifth game of their last six, losing to the Los Angeles Kings 3-2.
Slava Voynov, Tanner Pearson, and Tyler Toffoli all scored in the third to give the Kings their first win since losing goalie Jonathan Quick to a groin injury. Scrivens stopped 23 shots in the win, but only had to stop three shots in the third period as the Kings dominated play late. Voynov and rookie Linden Vey each finished with two points.
For Pearson, it was his first career NHL goal. Toffoli’s game-winner was his third goal of the year and extended his points streak to five games.
The news for the Islanders isn’t so hot. Their poor play of late, including blowing their third two-goal lead of the year. It’s the second time they’ve done that in the third period this season. That’s… Not good.
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 13
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 35
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 6
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 42
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 104
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 89
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (104)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (89)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)