Nov 14, 2013, 12:38 AM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers have won three consecutive games. Yes. That’s correct. It’s happened.
Their latest triumph came Wednesday, when they defeated the Pittsburgh Penguins 2-1 for Rivalry Night on NHL on NBCSC.
Could it be that the Flyers, who, as an organization, fired head coach Peter Laviolette just three games into the season, are turning a corner?
That stretch of one win in their first eight games isn’t that long ago. But they’ve put together three very good performances in a row, holding their opponents to a combined three goals over that span.
They’ve won six of their last 10 games, and are now only three points back of the New York Rangers for third in the Metropolitan Division.
“I think the last couple weeks, the boys scored more goals, had a great night in Ottawa [Tuesday],” Flyers goalie Ray Emery said, as per CSN Philadelphia, “and a tough back-to-back against one of our rivals and a really good team in Pittsburgh. Getting a good road win, they’re all steps in the right direction.”
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)