Nov 14, 2013, 12:38 AM EST
The Philadelphia Flyers have won three consecutive games. Yes. That’s correct. It’s happened.
Their latest triumph came Wednesday, when they defeated the Pittsburgh Penguins 2-1 for Rivalry Night on NHL on NBCSC.
Could it be that the Flyers, who, as an organization, fired head coach Peter Laviolette just three games into the season, are turning a corner?
That stretch of one win in their first eight games isn’t that long ago. But they’ve put together three very good performances in a row, holding their opponents to a combined three goals over that span.
They’ve won six of their last 10 games, and are now only three points back of the New York Rangers for third in the Metropolitan Division.
“I think the last couple weeks, the boys scored more goals, had a great night in Ottawa [Tuesday],” Flyers goalie Ray Emery said, as per CSN Philadelphia, “and a tough back-to-back against one of our rivals and a really good team in Pittsburgh. Getting a good road win, they’re all steps in the right direction.”
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 45
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 122
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)