Nov 14, 2013, 12:38 AM EST
The Philadelphia Flyers have won three consecutive games. Yes. That’s correct. It’s happened.
Their latest triumph came Wednesday, when they defeated the Pittsburgh Penguins 2-1 for Rivalry Night on NHL on NBCSC.
Could it be that the Flyers, who, as an organization, fired head coach Peter Laviolette just three games into the season, are turning a corner?
That stretch of one win in their first eight games isn’t that long ago. But they’ve put together three very good performances in a row, holding their opponents to a combined three goals over that span.
They’ve won six of their last 10 games, and are now only three points back of the New York Rangers for third in the Metropolitan Division.
“I think the last couple weeks, the boys scored more goals, had a great night in Ottawa [Tuesday],” Flyers goalie Ray Emery said, as per CSN Philadelphia, “and a tough back-to-back against one of our rivals and a really good team in Pittsburgh. Getting a good road win, they’re all steps in the right direction.”
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 34
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 49
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)