Nov 14, 2013, 2:33 AM EST
Vancouver Canucks forward David Booth is hoping a recent conditioning stint in the American Hockey League will help get him back on track.
Booth, the oft-injured winger, spent three games with the Utica Comets, the Canucks’ top minor league affiliate before getting recalled Tuesday.
He is expected in the lineup Thursday, when the Canucks host the San Jose Sharks to begin a six-game home stand. Booth hasn’t played with the Canucks since Oct. 24, when he suffered what is believed to be a groin injury.
Booth, who has two goals in his last 23 NHL games combined over this season and last, skated with the team on Wednesday, and was clearly optimistic about this return to the lineup.
He was able to get greater amounts of ice time with Utica. He’s hoping he’ll be able to carry some of his newly found confidence back with him to Vancouver, where he had previously been playing just a little more than 13 minutes a game.
“This is the best I’ve felt all year for sure,” Booth told reporters in Vancouver on Wednesday.
“Playing game scenarios, getting in game shape, you do that when you’re playing those kind of minutes. It’s so tough to try to stay fresh when you’re playing 10, your legs just kind of sit there.”
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 1
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 6
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 10
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 82
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 18
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 78
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (82)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)