Nov 14, 2013, 9:02 PM EDT
Carolina Hurricanes forward Jeff Skinner has been out of their lineup since October 24, but he might return to action as soon as tomorrow.
Skinner skated at practice on Thursday in a yellow non-contact jersey, but coach Kirk Muller believes he could play against the Anaheim Ducks on Friday as Chip Alexander of the News & Observer reports.
“When he feels he’s ready to go he’ll be a player,” Muller said.
Muller added that they’re getting players back and there will be some decisions to make. The Hurricanes have won three of their last four games and their one loss came in a shootout to the Minnesota Wild. Skinner’s return would almost certainly mean he’s back in, but the question moves to who would come out to make room for him.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 2
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 22
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)