Nov 14, 2013, 9:02 PM EDT
Carolina Hurricanes forward Jeff Skinner has been out of their lineup since October 24, but he might return to action as soon as tomorrow.
Skinner skated at practice on Thursday in a yellow non-contact jersey, but coach Kirk Muller believes he could play against the Anaheim Ducks on Friday as Chip Alexander of the News & Observer reports.
“When he feels he’s ready to go he’ll be a player,” Muller said.
Muller added that they’re getting players back and there will be some decisions to make. The Hurricanes have won three of their last four games and their one loss came in a shootout to the Minnesota Wild. Skinner’s return would almost certainly mean he’s back in, but the question moves to who would come out to make room for him.
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 22
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 6
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 16
- Bergeron, Kopitar and Toews named Selke finalists 23
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight (Update: Game-time decision) 49
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 34
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 20
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 92
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 103
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)