Nov 14, 2013, 9:02 PM EST
Carolina Hurricanes forward Jeff Skinner has been out of their lineup since October 24, but he might return to action as soon as tomorrow.
Skinner skated at practice on Thursday in a yellow non-contact jersey, but coach Kirk Muller believes he could play against the Anaheim Ducks on Friday as Chip Alexander of the News & Observer reports.
“When he feels he’s ready to go he’ll be a player,” Muller said.
Muller added that they’re getting players back and there will be some decisions to make. The Hurricanes have won three of their last four games and their one loss came in a shootout to the Minnesota Wild. Skinner’s return would almost certainly mean he’s back in, but the question moves to who would come out to make room for him.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 8
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2