Nov 14, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
Michal Handzus‘ recovery from an upper-body injury is apparently not going as quickly as the Chicago Blackhawks hoped.
The team put Handzus on injured reserve retroactive to October 25 and recalled forward Alex Broadhurst from AHL Rockford to take his place.
Handzus has missed the Blackhawks’ last eight games with his injury. In nine games this season, Handzus has a goal and two assists.
His absence has opened the door for some of Chicago’s other forwards to get a shot at the second line center job including Brandon Pirri and Andrew Shaw. For the time being, Pirri has taken over the job after finding chemistry with Brandon Saad and Patrick Kane.
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 8
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 4
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 10
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 74
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 67
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 166
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 18
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (166)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)