Nov 14, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
Michal Handzus‘ recovery from an upper-body injury is apparently not going as quickly as the Chicago Blackhawks hoped.
The team put Handzus on injured reserve retroactive to October 25 and recalled forward Alex Broadhurst from AHL Rockford to take his place.
Handzus has missed the Blackhawks’ last eight games with his injury. In nine games this season, Handzus has a goal and two assists.
His absence has opened the door for some of Chicago’s other forwards to get a shot at the second line center job including Brandon Pirri and Andrew Shaw. For the time being, Pirri has taken over the job after finding chemistry with Brandon Saad and Patrick Kane.
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 0
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 95
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 50
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 76
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115