Nov 14, 2013, 11:27 AM EST
It took Filip Forsberg four AHL games to show he needed to be back in the NHL.
Forsberg, Nashville’s 19-year-old forward prospect, was recalled to the Predators on Thursday after scoring six points (1G, 5A) in four games with AHL Milwaukee, the club announced.
Expectations were high for Forsberg coming into this season, especially after a solid showing during the exhibition campaign. But a lower-body injury derailed his start to the regular season, and he was made a healthy scratch in late October due in part to some lacklustre defensive play (Forsberg is a team-worst minus-8 this season.)
He did have five points through 11 games while averaging less than 12 minutes a night, though, so the Preds knew the offense was there. The hope was a stint with the Admirals would build confidence and improve his two-way game, and it appears to have worked — at least for now.
Jan 30, 2015, 11:06 AM EST
Rangers d-man has struggled to get games recently.
Jan 30, 2015, 10:33 AM EST
74-year-old was the first player to ever have his jersey retired by the organization.
Jan 30, 2015, 10:19 AM EST
Will he make his NHL debut?
Jan 30, 2015, 9:56 AM EST
There’s lots of interest in him, but teams that see him as a rental might balk at that price.
Jan 30, 2015, 9:02 AM EST
Both are out Friday.
Jan 30, 2015, 8:04 AM EST
Friday’s collection of links.
Jan 30, 2015, 12:17 AM EST
Head coach Mike Yeo said he earned that goose egg, too.
Jan 29, 2015, 11:47 PM EST
So much for some rest for Frederik Andersen.
Jan 29, 2015, 11:17 PM EST
Two youngsters change teams.
Jan 29, 2015, 10:22 PM EST
A bit of a statement from Tampa Bay?
Jan 29, 2015, 9:51 PM EST
A bitter game at times.
Jan 29, 2015, 9:44 PM EST
Oliver Ekman-Larsson catches him sleeping.
Jan 29, 2015, 9:33 PM EST
Another strong game on NBCSN.
Jan 29, 2015, 8:49 PM EST
Nice applause in his return to Ottawa.
Jan 29, 2015, 8:19 PM EST
Jan 29, 2015, 7:12 PM EST
To some extent, it was about staying closer to the game.
Jan 29, 2015, 6:17 PM EST
Bask in a budding rivalry.
Jan 29, 2015, 5:28 PM EST
The first of a Thursday night doubleheader on NBCSN.
Jan 29, 2015, 4:36 PM EST
The Coyotes and Canucks, that’s who.
Jan 29, 2015, 3:36 PM EST
In the wake of the controversial injury to Derek Dorsett.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 6
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 34
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46