Nov 13, 2013, 2:21 PM EDT
There’s been no official word on the severity of Jonathan Quick‘s lower-body injury, but the Kings aren’t taking any chances.
On Wednesday, the club recalled Martin Jones from AHL Manchester and will fly Jones immediately to New York, where he’ll join the Kings for Thursday’s game against the Islanders.
Jones, 23, has played very well for the Monarchs this season, posting a 9-2-2- record with a 2.24 GAA and .927 save percentage. A former standout with WHL Calgary, Jones represented Canada at the 2010 World Juniors in Saskatchewan, splitting time with current Blues prospect Jake Allen.
Quick was believed to be headed back to Los Angeles for medical evaluation, rather than have him checked out on the road. The Kings have three games left on their current Eastern swing — Thursday against the Islanders, Friday against the Devils and Sunday against the Rangers — before returning to L.A. for a date against the Lightning on Tuesday, Nov. 19.
Update 2:25 p.m. ET
Kings head coach Darryl Sutter said Quick’s injury is “either hamstring or groin-related,” as per LA Kings Insider. What’s more, Sutter confirmed the club would be sending Quick back to Los Angeles, meaning it’s unlikely he’ll play any of the remaining games on this trip.
Update 4;35 p.m. ET
Quick has addressed his injury situation via Twitter:
Thank you to everyone’s get well wishes, I will do everything I can to get back to 100% and back on the ice as soon as possible
— Jonathan Quick (@JonathanQuick32) November 13, 2013
Jun 29, 2015, 10:55 PM EDT
He played with four different NHL teams last season.
Jun 29, 2015, 10:31 PM EDT
It’s not all about the Zac Rinaldo trade, although that certainly didn’t help.
Jun 29, 2015, 9:29 PM EDT
He establish himself with the team after years of work primarily in the AHL.
Jun 29, 2015, 8:26 PM EDT
San Jose still has an opening on its blueline.
Jun 29, 2015, 8:00 PM EDT
He’ll start the season as Vancouver’s backup goaltender.
Jun 29, 2015, 7:40 PM EDT
They are now set to become unrestricted free agents.
Jun 29, 2015, 6:43 PM EDT
He’ll reportedly earn $1 million next season.
Jun 29, 2015, 6:40 PM EDT
Toronto, Calgary and Pittsburgh are amongst the teams, which have reached out.
Jun 29, 2015, 5:54 PM EDT
The payment will be made on Wednesday.
Jun 29, 2015, 5:13 PM EDT
Bill Hay and Peter Karmanos Jr. are also going in as builders.
Jun 29, 2015, 4:27 PM EDT
Also inside is information about the potential cap recapture situation the Kings might be stuck with.
Jun 29, 2015, 3:53 PM EDT
Jun 29, 2015, 3:25 PM EDT
Processing Monday’s surprising termination.
Jun 29, 2015, 2:45 PM EDT
Could make about a $15 million difference …
Jun 29, 2015, 2:05 PM EDT
The 24-year-old’s three-year, $2.7 million deal is set to expire on Wednesday.
Jun 29, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
If accurate, that’s $10.4M between Niemi and Kari Lehtonen.
Jun 29, 2015, 1:40 PM EDT
The 24-year-old was a pending restricted free agent.
Jun 29, 2015, 1:27 PM EDT
Get your dog puns ready.
Jun 29, 2015, 1:08 PM EDT
He should draw plenty of free agent interest.
Jun 29, 2015, 12:40 PM EDT
Both players can be bought out on Tuesday, if they clear.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (86)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)