Nov 13, 2013, 9:54 PM EST
The list of linemates for Jason Spezza looks like it will continue to change.
It prompts the question: just how is Ottawa Senators head coach Paul MacLean now choosing who plays wing with Spezza? It is through some sort of hockey-specific scientific process, or by flipping a coin, or by picking names out of a hat?
As Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun reports, the number of wingers rotating on and off of Spezza’s line has been ample. It began with Bobby Ryan, and has continued from there.
Here is what Garrioch wrote:
A quick count indicates Spezza has played with seven different forwards – Colin Greening, Chris Neil, Zack Smith, Mika Zibanejad, Ryan, Michalek and Conacher – on his wings with the Boston Bruins coming to town Friday night.
“It’s just a matter of whatever guys I draw that night I’ve got to make sure I’m ready to go and we’re a good line,” Spezza told the Ottawa Sun.
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 27
- Mike Richards clears waivers 31
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 14
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 54
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)