Nov 13, 2013, 9:54 PM EDT
The list of linemates for Jason Spezza looks like it will continue to change.
It prompts the question: just how is Ottawa Senators head coach Paul MacLean now choosing who plays wing with Spezza? It is through some sort of hockey-specific scientific process, or by flipping a coin, or by picking names out of a hat?
As Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun reports, the number of wingers rotating on and off of Spezza’s line has been ample. It began with Bobby Ryan, and has continued from there.
Here is what Garrioch wrote:
A quick count indicates Spezza has played with seven different forwards – Colin Greening, Chris Neil, Zack Smith, Mika Zibanejad, Ryan, Michalek and Conacher – on his wings with the Boston Bruins coming to town Friday night.
“It’s just a matter of whatever guys I draw that night I’ve got to make sure I’m ready to go and we’re a good line,” Spezza told the Ottawa Sun.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 23
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 40
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 29
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 26
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 24
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 58
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6