Nov 13, 2013, 9:54 PM EST
The list of linemates for Jason Spezza looks like it will continue to change.
It prompts the question: just how is Ottawa Senators head coach Paul MacLean now choosing who plays wing with Spezza? It is through some sort of hockey-specific scientific process, or by flipping a coin, or by picking names out of a hat?
As Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun reports, the number of wingers rotating on and off of Spezza’s line has been ample. It began with Bobby Ryan, and has continued from there.
Here is what Garrioch wrote:
A quick count indicates Spezza has played with seven different forwards – Colin Greening, Chris Neil, Zack Smith, Mika Zibanejad, Ryan, Michalek and Conacher – on his wings with the Boston Bruins coming to town Friday night.
“It’s just a matter of whatever guys I draw that night I’ve got to make sure I’m ready to go and we’re a good line,” Spezza told the Ottawa Sun.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 15
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 9
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 18
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 19
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 39
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8