Nov 13, 2013, 9:54 PM EDT
The list of linemates for Jason Spezza looks like it will continue to change.
It prompts the question: just how is Ottawa Senators head coach Paul MacLean now choosing who plays wing with Spezza? It is through some sort of hockey-specific scientific process, or by flipping a coin, or by picking names out of a hat?
As Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun reports, the number of wingers rotating on and off of Spezza’s line has been ample. It began with Bobby Ryan, and has continued from there.
Here is what Garrioch wrote:
A quick count indicates Spezza has played with seven different forwards – Colin Greening, Chris Neil, Zack Smith, Mika Zibanejad, Ryan, Michalek and Conacher – on his wings with the Boston Bruins coming to town Friday night.
“It’s just a matter of whatever guys I draw that night I’ve got to make sure I’m ready to go and we’re a good line,” Spezza told the Ottawa Sun.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 18
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)