Nov 13, 2013, 9:54 PM EDT
The list of linemates for Jason Spezza looks like it will continue to change.
It prompts the question: just how is Ottawa Senators head coach Paul MacLean now choosing who plays wing with Spezza? It is through some sort of hockey-specific scientific process, or by flipping a coin, or by picking names out of a hat?
As Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun reports, the number of wingers rotating on and off of Spezza’s line has been ample. It began with Bobby Ryan, and has continued from there.
Here is what Garrioch wrote:
A quick count indicates Spezza has played with seven different forwards – Colin Greening, Chris Neil, Zack Smith, Mika Zibanejad, Ryan, Michalek and Conacher – on his wings with the Boston Bruins coming to town Friday night.
“It’s just a matter of whatever guys I draw that night I’ve got to make sure I’m ready to go and we’re a good line,” Spezza told the Ottawa Sun.
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 92
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 48
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 76
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 63