Nov 13, 2013, 6:02 PM EDT
Today, Stars coach Lindy Ruff spoke about his reportedly unhappy player.
“I’ve had conversations with Vern with where he is at, and where he was at last year. Those conversations are between the coach and the player,” Ruff said, per the Dallas Morning News. “It wouldn’t be fair for me to address the rumors, but I can tell you we have had conversations on where I see his role, where it’s going to end up, or where it is going to try to end up, and those have been real good conversations with Vern.”
Fiddler, 33, is averaging just 11:07 of ice time this season, well below the 14-15 minutes he played in Phoenix, where he spent 2009-10 and 2010-11 before signing with Dallas.
A pending unrestricted free agent with a $1.8 million cap hit, Fiddler could be of interest to a playoff contender looking for depth down the middle. He’s a decent faceoff man, too.
But making trades isn’t easy these days with so many teams up against the cap. If there’s any interest from around the league, it’s a good bet the Stars are being asked to take back salary.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 29
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)