Nov 13, 2013, 6:02 PM EST
Today, Stars coach Lindy Ruff spoke about his reportedly unhappy player.
“I’ve had conversations with Vern with where he is at, and where he was at last year. Those conversations are between the coach and the player,” Ruff said, per the Dallas Morning News. “It wouldn’t be fair for me to address the rumors, but I can tell you we have had conversations on where I see his role, where it’s going to end up, or where it is going to try to end up, and those have been real good conversations with Vern.”
Fiddler, 33, is averaging just 11:07 of ice time this season, well below the 14-15 minutes he played in Phoenix, where he spent 2009-10 and 2010-11 before signing with Dallas.
A pending unrestricted free agent with a $1.8 million cap hit, Fiddler could be of interest to a playoff contender looking for depth down the middle. He’s a decent faceoff man, too.
But making trades isn’t easy these days with so many teams up against the cap. If there’s any interest from around the league, it’s a good bet the Stars are being asked to take back salary.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 0
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 23
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 17
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)