Nov 13, 2013, 8:01 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars are struggling to find their footing while the Edmonton Oilers are just plain struggling, yet Wednesday’s game packs some juicy storylines.
One thing that’s easy to forget thanks to the passage of time and other factors: people can recycle the Taylor Hall vs. Tyler Seguin 2010 NHL Draft debate a bit more with both players situated in the same conference (and Seguin now more of a go-to guy in Dallas than he usually was in Boston).
Often-hilarious Stars color commentator Daryl “Razor” Reaugh discusses Hall vs. Seguin in the video below, starting around the 3:20 mark:
(In case you’re wondering, Seguin has 137 points in his career while Hall has 157, even though the Oilers winger has played in nearly 40 fewer games. Of course, Seguin has the Stanley Cup ring …)
While some might call the No. 1 vs. No. 2 debate something of a manufactured plot, Shawn Horcoff didn’t deny the likely emotional impact of facing the Oilers in Edmonton for the first time since being traded to Dallas, as NHL.com reports.
“It’s probably been a while since I’ve been this nervous for a game,” Horcoff said. “I’m pretty good right now, but we’ll see what happens once the game starts. I’m sure after the first couple of shifts, I’ll be able to forget about it, just get out there and do what we do.”
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20