Nov 13, 2013, 8:01 PM EST
The Dallas Stars are struggling to find their footing while the Edmonton Oilers are just plain struggling, yet Wednesday’s game packs some juicy storylines.
One thing that’s easy to forget thanks to the passage of time and other factors: people can recycle the Taylor Hall vs. Tyler Seguin 2010 NHL Draft debate a bit more with both players situated in the same conference (and Seguin now more of a go-to guy in Dallas than he usually was in Boston).
Often-hilarious Stars color commentator Daryl “Razor” Reaugh discusses Hall vs. Seguin in the video below, starting around the 3:20 mark:
(In case you’re wondering, Seguin has 137 points in his career while Hall has 157, even though the Oilers winger has played in nearly 40 fewer games. Of course, Seguin has the Stanley Cup ring …)
While some might call the No. 1 vs. No. 2 debate something of a manufactured plot, Shawn Horcoff didn’t deny the likely emotional impact of facing the Oilers in Edmonton for the first time since being traded to Dallas, as NHL.com reports.
“It’s probably been a while since I’ve been this nervous for a game,” Horcoff said. “I’m pretty good right now, but we’ll see what happens once the game starts. I’m sure after the first couple of shifts, I’ll be able to forget about it, just get out there and do what we do.”
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 0
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 6
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 0
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 2
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 10
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 13
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 8
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 10
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)