Nov 13, 2013, 8:01 PM EST
The Dallas Stars are struggling to find their footing while the Edmonton Oilers are just plain struggling, yet Wednesday’s game packs some juicy storylines.
One thing that’s easy to forget thanks to the passage of time and other factors: people can recycle the Taylor Hall vs. Tyler Seguin 2010 NHL Draft debate a bit more with both players situated in the same conference (and Seguin now more of a go-to guy in Dallas than he usually was in Boston).
Often-hilarious Stars color commentator Daryl “Razor” Reaugh discusses Hall vs. Seguin in the video below, starting around the 3:20 mark:
(In case you’re wondering, Seguin has 137 points in his career while Hall has 157, even though the Oilers winger has played in nearly 40 fewer games. Of course, Seguin has the Stanley Cup ring …)
While some might call the No. 1 vs. No. 2 debate something of a manufactured plot, Shawn Horcoff didn’t deny the likely emotional impact of facing the Oilers in Edmonton for the first time since being traded to Dallas, as NHL.com reports.
“It’s probably been a while since I’ve been this nervous for a game,” Horcoff said. “I’m pretty good right now, but we’ll see what happens once the game starts. I’m sure after the first couple of shifts, I’ll be able to forget about it, just get out there and do what we do.”
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12