Nov 13, 2013, 8:01 PM EST
The Dallas Stars are struggling to find their footing while the Edmonton Oilers are just plain struggling, yet Wednesday’s game packs some juicy storylines.
One thing that’s easy to forget thanks to the passage of time and other factors: people can recycle the Taylor Hall vs. Tyler Seguin 2010 NHL Draft debate a bit more with both players situated in the same conference (and Seguin now more of a go-to guy in Dallas than he usually was in Boston).
Often-hilarious Stars color commentator Daryl “Razor” Reaugh discusses Hall vs. Seguin in the video below, starting around the 3:20 mark:
(In case you’re wondering, Seguin has 137 points in his career while Hall has 157, even though the Oilers winger has played in nearly 40 fewer games. Of course, Seguin has the Stanley Cup ring …)
While some might call the No. 1 vs. No. 2 debate something of a manufactured plot, Shawn Horcoff didn’t deny the likely emotional impact of facing the Oilers in Edmonton for the first time since being traded to Dallas, as NHL.com reports.
“It’s probably been a while since I’ve been this nervous for a game,” Horcoff said. “I’m pretty good right now, but we’ll see what happens once the game starts. I’m sure after the first couple of shifts, I’ll be able to forget about it, just get out there and do what we do.”
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test 2
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 4
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 18
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 10
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 35
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6