Nov 13, 2013, 8:01 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars are struggling to find their footing while the Edmonton Oilers are just plain struggling, yet Wednesday’s game packs some juicy storylines.
One thing that’s easy to forget thanks to the passage of time and other factors: people can recycle the Taylor Hall vs. Tyler Seguin 2010 NHL Draft debate a bit more with both players situated in the same conference (and Seguin now more of a go-to guy in Dallas than he usually was in Boston).
Often-hilarious Stars color commentator Daryl “Razor” Reaugh discusses Hall vs. Seguin in the video below, starting around the 3:20 mark:
(In case you’re wondering, Seguin has 137 points in his career while Hall has 157, even though the Oilers winger has played in nearly 40 fewer games. Of course, Seguin has the Stanley Cup ring …)
While some might call the No. 1 vs. No. 2 debate something of a manufactured plot, Shawn Horcoff didn’t deny the likely emotional impact of facing the Oilers in Edmonton for the first time since being traded to Dallas, as NHL.com reports.
“It’s probably been a while since I’ve been this nervous for a game,” Horcoff said. “I’m pretty good right now, but we’ll see what happens once the game starts. I’m sure after the first couple of shifts, I’ll be able to forget about it, just get out there and do what we do.”
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 23
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 94
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5