Nash (concussion) feels ‘better than I thought I would’ after first practice

Nov 13, 2013, 5:03 PM EDT

Comments Off on Nash (concussion) feels ‘better than I thought I would’ after first practice
Rick Nash Getty Images

Rick Nash participated in his first practice in nearly a month on Wendesday, and was pleased with how things went.

“I felt pretty good actually, better than I thought I would feel,” the Rangers forward said, as per the Bergen Record. “I kept up but there’s still some work that needs to be done.”

Today’s practice consisted of drills and hard skating — Nash isn’t ready to take contact yet — and Nash sounded like he’d be ready to skate on Thursday, in the hopes of slowing getting back into battle drills.

Rangers head coach Alain Vigneault was very pleased with how today unfolded.

“It was a real encouraging day,” Vigneault added. “I’m anxious to see how he’s going respond, how he’s going to feel tomorrow. I’m hoping all he’s going to feel is a little bit of soreness.”

“We’ll have another practice on Friday and will go from there.”

Nash has been out of the New York lineup since Oct. 8, and has missed the last 15 games.

Latest Posts
  1. Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final

May 30, 2015, 12:17 AM EDT

Getty Images

“I don’t know if we’re so young and dumb and don’t know any better…”

2. Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot

May 29, 2015, 11:31 PM EDT

Getty Images

Might explain what occurred in the first period.

3. Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers

May 29, 2015, 10:55 PM EDT

150530_LightningWinGame7 Getty Images

Tampa Bay awaits the winner of the Blackhawks-Ducks series.

4. Paquette enters back into Lightning lineup for Game 7

May 29, 2015, 8:21 PM EDT

Getty Images

Rangers also make one change to the lineup.

5. WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Eastern Conference Final Game 7

May 29, 2015, 7:20 PM EDT

Getty Images

The winner, as you know, goes to the Stanley Cup Final.

6. Coyotes reinstate color analyst Boynton after guilty plea in casino incident

May 29, 2015, 6:39 PM EDT

boynton Getty Images

“I’ve met with Nick several times and he knows he made a terrible mistake.”

7. Boudreau mulls line changes ahead of Game 7

May 29, 2015, 5:30 PM EDT

Bruce Boudreau AP

And it looks like Tomas Fleischmann might replace Emerson Etem, again.

8. Difference of opinion: Craig Button has Hanifin 12th on final draft rankings

May 29, 2015, 2:18 PM EDT

Noah Hanifin Getty Images

NHL Central Scouting thinks slightly more of the B.C. defender.

9. Devils sign Russian forward Kalinin

May 29, 2015, 1:47 PM EDT

Sergei Kalinin AP

Spent the past five seasons in the KHL.

10. Report: With Sabres gig gone, Richardson to re-sign in Ottawa

May 29, 2015, 1:34 PM EDT

Luke Richardson 3

That’s former NHL defenseman and current AHL Binghamton bench boss Luke Richardson.

11. The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s

May 29, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT

150529_Kesler Getty Images

“The last two years, we were a different team.”

Which teams have the Game 7 edge?
Top 10 NHL Player Searches