Nash (concussion) feels ‘better than I thought I would’ after first practice

Nov 13, 2013, 5:03 PM EDT

Comments Off
Rick Nash Getty Images

Rick Nash participated in his first practice in nearly a month on Wendesday, and was pleased with how things went.

“I felt pretty good actually, better than I thought I would feel,” the Rangers forward said, as per the Bergen Record. “I kept up but there’s still some work that needs to be done.”

Today’s practice consisted of drills and hard skating — Nash isn’t ready to take contact yet — and Nash sounded like he’d be ready to skate on Thursday, in the hopes of slowing getting back into battle drills.

Rangers head coach Alain Vigneault was very pleased with how today unfolded.

“It was a real encouraging day,” Vigneault added. “I’m anxious to see how he’s going respond, how he’s going to feel tomorrow. I’m hoping all he’s going to feel is a little bit of soreness.”

“We’ll have another practice on Friday and will go from there.”

Nash has been out of the New York lineup since Oct. 8, and has missed the last 15 games.

Latest Posts
  1. Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career

Apr 1, 2015, 8:48 PM EDT

Getty Images

He’s having a “down year,” apparently.

2. ‘My first reaction was, oh my God, my eye is gone,’ says Detroit’s Miller

Apr 1, 2015, 8:18 PM EDT

MillerFace2

Red Wings forward reflects on Tuesday’s scary skate cut incident.

3. Voynov trial pushed back, again

Apr 1, 2015, 7:15 PM EDT

Sasha Voynov Sasha Voynov

Kings defenseman also suffered a ruptured Achilles.

4. WATCH LIVE: Flyers at Penguins on Rivalry Night

Apr 1, 2015, 6:38 PM EDT

crosbygirouxgetty Getty Images

Catch the game on NBCSN, or with NBCSports.com’s Live Extra.

5. After eight-game absence, St. Louis back for Rangers tomorrow

Apr 1, 2015, 6:13 PM EDT

New York Rangers v Tampa Bay Lightning Getty Images

He’ll play on a line with Carl Hagelin and Kevin Hayes.

6. Sharks send Goldobin to AHL Worcester

Apr 1, 2015, 5:26 PM EDT

Nikolay Goldobin Getty Images

Has been playing in Finland this season.

7. Numbers suggest Ducks are playing much better hockey

Apr 1, 2015, 4:24 PM EDT

John Gibson, Francois Beauchemin, Cam Fowler, Simon Despres AP

Certainly better than they were in February.

8. Hammond, Hudler, and Dubnyk are NHL’s three stars of the month

Apr 1, 2015, 3:27 PM EDT

Calgary Flames v Nashville Predators Getty Images

Did you know only six players in the entire NHL have more points than Hudler?

9. Video: Kane urges patience, but ‘trying to heal as fast as I can’

Apr 1, 2015, 2:27 PM EDT

Patrick Kane AP

“I think the timetable’s still at the 12-week mark.”

10. Video: Babcock got a little snippy with the media last night

Apr 1, 2015, 1:04 PM EDT

Mike Babcock Getty Images

“You guys when you’re asking me these questions, you guys want to be negative more than me.”

11. Patrick Kane is practicing today

Apr 1, 2015, 12:07 PM EDT

Kane practicing

Has it been 12 weeks already?

Can anything stop Tampa Bay?
Top 10 NHL Player Searches