Nov 13, 2013, 5:03 PM EST
Rick Nash participated in his first practice in nearly a month on Wendesday, and was pleased with how things went.
“I felt pretty good actually, better than I thought I would feel,” the Rangers forward said, as per the Bergen Record. “I kept up but there’s still some work that needs to be done.”
Today’s practice consisted of drills and hard skating — Nash isn’t ready to take contact yet — and Nash sounded like he’d be ready to skate on Thursday, in the hopes of slowing getting back into battle drills.
Rangers head coach Alain Vigneault was very pleased with how today unfolded.
“It was a real encouraging day,” Vigneault added. “I’m anxious to see how he’s going respond, how he’s going to feel tomorrow. I’m hoping all he’s going to feel is a little bit of soreness.”
“We’ll have another practice on Friday and will go from there.”
Nash has been out of the New York lineup since Oct. 8, and has missed the last 15 games.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)