Nov 13, 2013, 5:03 PM EDT
Rick Nash participated in his first practice in nearly a month on Wendesday, and was pleased with how things went.
“I felt pretty good actually, better than I thought I would feel,” the Rangers forward said, as per the Bergen Record. “I kept up but there’s still some work that needs to be done.”
Today’s practice consisted of drills and hard skating — Nash isn’t ready to take contact yet — and Nash sounded like he’d be ready to skate on Thursday, in the hopes of slowing getting back into battle drills.
Rangers head coach Alain Vigneault was very pleased with how today unfolded.
“It was a real encouraging day,” Vigneault added. “I’m anxious to see how he’s going respond, how he’s going to feel tomorrow. I’m hoping all he’s going to feel is a little bit of soreness.”
“We’ll have another practice on Friday and will go from there.”
Nash has been out of the New York lineup since Oct. 8, and has missed the last 15 games.
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 7
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 34
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 147
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 15
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 4
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (147)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)