Nov 13, 2013, 5:03 PM EDT
Rick Nash participated in his first practice in nearly a month on Wendesday, and was pleased with how things went.
“I felt pretty good actually, better than I thought I would feel,” the Rangers forward said, as per the Bergen Record. “I kept up but there’s still some work that needs to be done.”
Today’s practice consisted of drills and hard skating — Nash isn’t ready to take contact yet — and Nash sounded like he’d be ready to skate on Thursday, in the hopes of slowing getting back into battle drills.
Rangers head coach Alain Vigneault was very pleased with how today unfolded.
“It was a real encouraging day,” Vigneault added. “I’m anxious to see how he’s going respond, how he’s going to feel tomorrow. I’m hoping all he’s going to feel is a little bit of soreness.”
“We’ll have another practice on Friday and will go from there.”
Nash has been out of the New York lineup since Oct. 8, and has missed the last 15 games.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)