Nov 13, 2013, 11:38 PM EST
Hockey analyst Mike Milbury advocated fighting when it comes to holding Toronto Maple Leafs forward Nazem Kadri accountable for a pair of transgressions committed Wednesday night.
The video of that collision appears to show Kadri following through with his right arm as he cuts through the crease and knocks Backstrom over.
In the third period, Kadri was ejected after he was assessed a match penalty for an illegal hit to the head of center Mikael Granlund.
Kadri may very well face supplemental discipline from the league for one, if not both of his infractions.
Milbury had a different idea of how this should be handled.
“We talk about fighting and it’s role. This is when somebody has to take care of Nazem Kadri,” Milbury said during a second-intermission segment for the NHL on NBCSN.
“You can’t do it tonight but sooner or later down the line, you find a way or maybe you find a way to go after their better players and make some big contact or a fight because it does have some value in terms of policing the game.”
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 2
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 16
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)