Nov 13, 2013, 11:38 PM EDT
Hockey analyst Mike Milbury advocated fighting when it comes to holding Toronto Maple Leafs forward Nazem Kadri accountable for a pair of transgressions committed Wednesday night.
The video of that collision appears to show Kadri following through with his right arm as he cuts through the crease and knocks Backstrom over.
In the third period, Kadri was ejected after he was assessed a match penalty for an illegal hit to the head of center Mikael Granlund.
Kadri may very well face supplemental discipline from the league for one, if not both of his infractions.
Milbury had a different idea of how this should be handled.
“We talk about fighting and it’s role. This is when somebody has to take care of Nazem Kadri,” Milbury said during a second-intermission segment for the NHL on NBCSN.
“You can’t do it tonight but sooner or later down the line, you find a way or maybe you find a way to go after their better players and make some big contact or a fight because it does have some value in terms of policing the game.”
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 27
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 5
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)