Nov 13, 2013, 11:38 PM EDT
Hockey analyst Mike Milbury advocated fighting when it comes to holding Toronto Maple Leafs forward Nazem Kadri accountable for a pair of transgressions committed Wednesday night.
The video of that collision appears to show Kadri following through with his right arm as he cuts through the crease and knocks Backstrom over.
In the third period, Kadri was ejected after he was assessed a match penalty for an illegal hit to the head of center Mikael Granlund.
Kadri may very well face supplemental discipline from the league for one, if not both of his infractions.
Milbury had a different idea of how this should be handled.
“We talk about fighting and it’s role. This is when somebody has to take care of Nazem Kadri,” Milbury said during a second-intermission segment for the NHL on NBCSN.
“You can’t do it tonight but sooner or later down the line, you find a way or maybe you find a way to go after their better players and make some big contact or a fight because it does have some value in terms of policing the game.”
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 0
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 8
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 15
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 4
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 13
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 2
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 9
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 34
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 16
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)