Nov 13, 2013, 11:38 PM EDT
Hockey analyst Mike Milbury advocated fighting when it comes to holding Toronto Maple Leafs forward Nazem Kadri accountable for a pair of transgressions committed Wednesday night.
The video of that collision appears to show Kadri following through with his right arm as he cuts through the crease and knocks Backstrom over.
In the third period, Kadri was ejected after he was assessed a match penalty for an illegal hit to the head of center Mikael Granlund.
Kadri may very well face supplemental discipline from the league for one, if not both of his infractions.
Milbury had a different idea of how this should be handled.
“We talk about fighting and it’s role. This is when somebody has to take care of Nazem Kadri,” Milbury said during a second-intermission segment for the NHL on NBCSN.
“You can’t do it tonight but sooner or later down the line, you find a way or maybe you find a way to go after their better players and make some big contact or a fight because it does have some value in terms of policing the game.”
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 0
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 45
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)