Nov 13, 2013, 2:57 PM EDT
From ESPN New York:
If you were looking for a juicy war of words between player and coach, you are in for a letdown. Even if you were seeking a slightly less salacious exchange of subtle jabs, you will still likely be disappointed.
What did New York Rangers goaltender Henrik Lundqvist have to say in response to Alain Vigneault’s comments Tuesday night that the second goal surrendered to the New Jersey Devils in the team’s 3-2 loss should have been a “routine save”?
“I don’t have a problem with that at all,” Lundqvist said after the team’s practice Wednesday. “Because, I agree.”
This is the goal in question, by New Jersey’s Ryan Carter:
Vigneault doesn’t really have a reputation for bashing his players in public. In Vancouver, he once suggested that Ryan Kesler “use the players around him a little bit more” (translation: pass the puck), causing Kesler to get his back up a bit.
But that was nothing compared to things the Rangers’ last coach, John Tortorella, used to say. Just ask Carl “stinks on the power play” Hagelin.
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 3
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 17
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 52
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)