Nov 13, 2013, 10:09 PM EDT
Could Toronto Maple Leafs forward Nazem Kadri be getting a phone call from the NHL head of discipline Brendan Shanahan?
On Wednesday, Kadri was tossed after getting assessed a match penalty in the third period for an illegal hit to the head of Minnesota Wild forward Mikael Granlund.
Granlund was shaken up on the hit, but finished the game, playing three shifts in overtime.
The video shows that on the collision in the Wild crease, Kadri appeared to follow through with his right elbow. There may be two incidents for which he may be made to answer for.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)