Nov 13, 2013, 10:09 PM EDT
Could Toronto Maple Leafs forward Nazem Kadri be getting a phone call from the NHL head of discipline Brendan Shanahan?
On Wednesday, Kadri was tossed after getting assessed a match penalty in the third period for an illegal hit to the head of Minnesota Wild forward Mikael Granlund.
Granlund was shaken up on the hit, but finished the game, playing three shifts in overtime.
The video shows that on the collision in the Wild crease, Kadri appeared to follow through with his right elbow. There may be two incidents for which he may be made to answer for.
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 32
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 15
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6