Nov 13, 2013, 10:09 PM EDT
Could Toronto Maple Leafs forward Nazem Kadri be getting a phone call from the NHL head of discipline Brendan Shanahan?
On Wednesday, Kadri was tossed after getting assessed a match penalty in the third period for an illegal hit to the head of Minnesota Wild forward Mikael Granlund.
Granlund was shaken up on the hit, but finished the game, playing three shifts in overtime.
The video shows that on the collision in the Wild crease, Kadri appeared to follow through with his right elbow. There may be two incidents for which he may be made to answer for.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 70
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 33
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)