Nov 13, 2013, 10:09 PM EDT
Could Toronto Maple Leafs forward Nazem Kadri be getting a phone call from the NHL head of discipline Brendan Shanahan?
On Wednesday, Kadri was tossed after getting assessed a match penalty in the third period for an illegal hit to the head of Minnesota Wild forward Mikael Granlund.
Granlund was shaken up on the hit, but finished the game, playing three shifts in overtime.
The video shows that on the collision in the Wild crease, Kadri appeared to follow through with his right elbow. There may be two incidents for which he may be made to answer for.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 0
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 11
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 16
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)