Nov 13, 2013, 10:09 PM EST
Could Toronto Maple Leafs forward Nazem Kadri be getting a phone call from the NHL head of discipline Brendan Shanahan?
On Wednesday, Kadri was tossed after getting assessed a match penalty in the third period for an illegal hit to the head of Minnesota Wild forward Mikael Granlund.
Granlund was shaken up on the hit, but finished the game, playing three shifts in overtime.
The video shows that on the collision in the Wild crease, Kadri appeared to follow through with his right elbow. There may be two incidents for which he may be made to answer for.
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2