Nov 13, 2013, 5:41 PM EST
The Los Angeles Kings continue to get tough news on the injury front.
Greene, 30, missed 43 of 48 games last year with a back injury not believed to be related to his current upper-body issue. The sturdy, stay-at-home blueliner rebounded to appear in 15 games to start this season — averaging nearly 17 minutes while notching three points — but hasn’t played since Nov. 2 and didn’t travel with the Kings for their current four-game Eastern road swing.
(Should be noted that, according to the LA Times, Kings GM Dean Lombardi was ‘preparing paperwork’ to put Green on long-term injured reserve, which would keep him out for 10 games and 24 days. No move to LTIR has been announced, though.)
In addition to Greene and Quick, the Kings are also dealing with injuries to Jeff Carter (lower body, on IR), Kyle Clifford (missed Tuesday’s game vs. Buffalo w/upper body) and Jarret Stoll (also missed Tuesday’s game vs. Buffalo w/upper body).
“We’ve got a nice little gong show going right now,” Lombardi said.
UPDATE: The Kings also put Clifford on IR.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 12
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 19
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)