Nov 13, 2013, 5:41 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings continue to get tough news on the injury front.
Greene, 30, missed 43 of 48 games last year with a back injury not believed to be related to his current upper-body issue. The sturdy, stay-at-home blueliner rebounded to appear in 15 games to start this season — averaging nearly 17 minutes while notching three points — but hasn’t played since Nov. 2 and didn’t travel with the Kings for their current four-game Eastern road swing.
(Should be noted that, according to the LA Times, Kings GM Dean Lombardi was ‘preparing paperwork’ to put Green on long-term injured reserve, which would keep him out for 10 games and 24 days. No move to LTIR has been announced, though.)
In addition to Greene and Quick, the Kings are also dealing with injuries to Jeff Carter (lower body, on IR), Kyle Clifford (missed Tuesday’s game vs. Buffalo w/upper body) and Jarret Stoll (also missed Tuesday’s game vs. Buffalo w/upper body).
“We’ve got a nice little gong show going right now,” Lombardi said.
UPDATE: The Kings also put Clifford on IR.
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 19
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 4
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 7
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)