Nov 13, 2013, 5:41 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings continue to get tough news on the injury front.
Greene, 30, missed 43 of 48 games last year with a back injury not believed to be related to his current upper-body issue. The sturdy, stay-at-home blueliner rebounded to appear in 15 games to start this season — averaging nearly 17 minutes while notching three points — but hasn’t played since Nov. 2 and didn’t travel with the Kings for their current four-game Eastern road swing.
(Should be noted that, according to the LA Times, Kings GM Dean Lombardi was ‘preparing paperwork’ to put Green on long-term injured reserve, which would keep him out for 10 games and 24 days. No move to LTIR has been announced, though.)
In addition to Greene and Quick, the Kings are also dealing with injuries to Jeff Carter (lower body, on IR), Kyle Clifford (missed Tuesday’s game vs. Buffalo w/upper body) and Jarret Stoll (also missed Tuesday’s game vs. Buffalo w/upper body).
“We’ve got a nice little gong show going right now,” Lombardi said.
UPDATE: The Kings also put Clifford on IR.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 2
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)