Nov 13, 2013, 5:41 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings continue to get tough news on the injury front.
Greene, 30, missed 43 of 48 games last year with a back injury not believed to be related to his current upper-body issue. The sturdy, stay-at-home blueliner rebounded to appear in 15 games to start this season — averaging nearly 17 minutes while notching three points — but hasn’t played since Nov. 2 and didn’t travel with the Kings for their current four-game Eastern road swing.
(Should be noted that, according to the LA Times, Kings GM Dean Lombardi was ‘preparing paperwork’ to put Green on long-term injured reserve, which would keep him out for 10 games and 24 days. No move to LTIR has been announced, though.)
In addition to Greene and Quick, the Kings are also dealing with injuries to Jeff Carter (lower body, on IR), Kyle Clifford (missed Tuesday’s game vs. Buffalo w/upper body) and Jarret Stoll (also missed Tuesday’s game vs. Buffalo w/upper body).
“We’ve got a nice little gong show going right now,” Lombardi said.
UPDATE: The Kings also put Clifford on IR.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)