Nov 13, 2013, 10:52 PM EDT
Good goaltending, solid defensive play and timely goal scoring – winning ingredients for the Philadelphia Flyers.
Matched up against their bitter rivals, the Pittsburgh Penguins, the Flyers came away with a 2-1 victory to take Rivalry Night on NHL on NBCSN.
- Could the once lowly Philadelphia Flyers be gaining momentum in the Eastern Conference? That’s three straight victories. Better yet? They’ve allowed a combined three goals in their last three games.
- Ray Emery, who was at the center of controversy for a goalie fight he instigated on Nov. 1, was sensational for the Flyers on Wednesday. He made 30 saves for the win.
- Brayden Schenn scored twice for Philadelphia. His second of the night counted as the game-winner. Nothing pretty about it. Standing in front of the net, controlled the puck up after it hit the post and he buries it into the open net.
- This passing play from Evgeni Malkin and finished off by Sidney Crosby was just nice. Worth another look.
- The Penguins have been held to one goal in each of their last three games. It’s no surprise that they have lost three straight, as well.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 50
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 8
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)