Nov 13, 2013, 10:52 PM EST
Good goaltending, solid defensive play and timely goal scoring – winning ingredients for the Philadelphia Flyers.
Matched up against their bitter rivals, the Pittsburgh Penguins, the Flyers came away with a 2-1 victory to take Rivalry Night on NHL on NBCSN.
- Could the once lowly Philadelphia Flyers be gaining momentum in the Eastern Conference? That’s three straight victories. Better yet? They’ve allowed a combined three goals in their last three games.
- Ray Emery, who was at the center of controversy for a goalie fight he instigated on Nov. 1, was sensational for the Flyers on Wednesday. He made 30 saves for the win.
- Brayden Schenn scored twice for Philadelphia. His second of the night counted as the game-winner. Nothing pretty about it. Standing in front of the net, controlled the puck up after it hit the post and he buries it into the open net.
- This passing play from Evgeni Malkin and finished off by Sidney Crosby was just nice. Worth another look.
- The Penguins have been held to one goal in each of their last three games. It’s no surprise that they have lost three straight, as well.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46