Nov 13, 2013, 10:52 PM EDT
Good goaltending, solid defensive play and timely goal scoring – winning ingredients for the Philadelphia Flyers.
Matched up against their bitter rivals, the Pittsburgh Penguins, the Flyers came away with a 2-1 victory to take Rivalry Night on NHL on NBCSN.
- Could the once lowly Philadelphia Flyers be gaining momentum in the Eastern Conference? That’s three straight victories. Better yet? They’ve allowed a combined three goals in their last three games.
- Ray Emery, who was at the center of controversy for a goalie fight he instigated on Nov. 1, was sensational for the Flyers on Wednesday. He made 30 saves for the win.
- Brayden Schenn scored twice for Philadelphia. His second of the night counted as the game-winner. Nothing pretty about it. Standing in front of the net, controlled the puck up after it hit the post and he buries it into the open net.
- This passing play from Evgeni Malkin and finished off by Sidney Crosby was just nice. Worth another look.
- The Penguins have been held to one goal in each of their last three games. It’s no surprise that they have lost three straight, as well.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 5
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (56)