Nov 13, 2013, 7:10 PM EDT
While things can change by Thursday, it sounds like Ryan Getzlaf will miss a third consecutive game for the Anaheim Ducks tomorrow.
Ducks head coach Bruce Boudreau said that it “doesn’t look very good” for the 28-year-old to play through an upper-body injury against the Tampa Bay Lightning, as the team’s radio analyst Dan Wood reports.
Getzlaf likely was injured sometime during a Nov. 8 win against the Buffalo Sabres. He generated his first NHL hat trick and also had an assist in that game, so it’s tough timing.
Anaheim is enjoying another high-end start to a season, although some Ducks fans might be irritated that the team coughed up a lead and eventually lost to the lowly Florida Panthers last night.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 17
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 10
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 40
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)