Nov 13, 2013, 7:10 PM EDT
While things can change by Thursday, it sounds like Ryan Getzlaf will miss a third consecutive game for the Anaheim Ducks tomorrow.
Ducks head coach Bruce Boudreau said that it “doesn’t look very good” for the 28-year-old to play through an upper-body injury against the Tampa Bay Lightning, as the team’s radio analyst Dan Wood reports.
Getzlaf likely was injured sometime during a Nov. 8 win against the Buffalo Sabres. He generated his first NHL hat trick and also had an assist in that game, so it’s tough timing.
Anaheim is enjoying another high-end start to a season, although some Ducks fans might be irritated that the team coughed up a lead and eventually lost to the lowly Florida Panthers last night.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 20
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17