Nov 12, 2013, 3:14 PM EDT
On Tuesday, Brough and I spoke with NBC’s Kay Adams about Steve Stamkos‘ broken right tibia and how the injury would affect both his club, the Tampa Bay Lightning, and his chances of representing Canada at the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi.
Among the topics discussed:
– How big a blow is Stamkos’ injury to Tampa’s playoff chances?
– What positives can Lightning fans hold on to?
– How will things shake out with regards to Team Canada?
Also, be sure to count how many times Jason says “not insignificant.” His use of the phrase was not insignificant.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 5
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 53
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)