Nov 12, 2013, 11:46 PM EDT
Both the Phoenix Coyotes and St. Louis Blues came into Tuesday riding high, but the Coyotes showed that they can shake off injuries and eke out wins, even if they’re not always the most fashionable team.
Radim Vrbata, Martin Hanzal and Derek Morris were among Phoenix’s most notable absences, yet the ‘Yotes most notable absentees, yet they fought back from a 1-0 deficit to win 3-2 on Tuesday. Here are the highlights:
With tonight’s results in mind, Phoenix has won nine of its last 11 games while St. Louis is 6-1-1 in its last eight. They don’t pack the panache of Chicago – Los Angeles, but don’t be surprised if these two start developing a high-level rivalry in the high-quality West.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 0
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 1
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 4
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5