Nov 12, 2013, 11:46 PM EDT
Both the Phoenix Coyotes and St. Louis Blues came into Tuesday riding high, but the Coyotes showed that they can shake off injuries and eke out wins, even if they’re not always the most fashionable team.
Radim Vrbata, Martin Hanzal and Derek Morris were among Phoenix’s most notable absences, yet the ‘Yotes most notable absentees, yet they fought back from a 1-0 deficit to win 3-2 on Tuesday. Here are the highlights:
With tonight’s results in mind, Phoenix has won nine of its last 11 games while St. Louis is 6-1-1 in its last eight. They don’t pack the panache of Chicago – Los Angeles, but don’t be surprised if these two start developing a high-level rivalry in the high-quality West.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8