Nov 12, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Vanek, 29, suffered an upper-body injury just seconds into Saturday’s loss to Columbus, left immediately, and didn’t return. He was subsequently held out of a 4-2 loss to Montreal on Sunday and won’t have a chance to snap New York’s four-game losing skid tonight against the Preds.
Things have not gone well for Vanek or the Isles since he was acquired in an October blockbuster from Buffalo. The Austrian sniper has three points in six games — just one goal — and the Islanders are 2-5-0 since bringing him aboard.
According to Newsday’s Arthur Staple, Vanek did work out off-ice today and felt good, and the possibility of skating tomorrow remains in play.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38