Nov 12, 2013, 11:19 AM EST
Vanek, 29, suffered an upper-body injury just seconds into Saturday’s loss to Columbus, left immediately, and didn’t return. He was subsequently held out of a 4-2 loss to Montreal on Sunday and won’t have a chance to snap New York’s four-game losing skid tonight against the Preds.
Things have not gone well for Vanek or the Isles since he was acquired in an October blockbuster from Buffalo. The Austrian sniper has three points in six games — just one goal — and the Islanders are 2-5-0 since bringing him aboard.
According to Newsday’s Arthur Staple, Vanek did work out off-ice today and felt good, and the possibility of skating tomorrow remains in play.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 5
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 6
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8