Nov 12, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Vanek, 29, suffered an upper-body injury just seconds into Saturday’s loss to Columbus, left immediately, and didn’t return. He was subsequently held out of a 4-2 loss to Montreal on Sunday and won’t have a chance to snap New York’s four-game losing skid tonight against the Preds.
Things have not gone well for Vanek or the Isles since he was acquired in an October blockbuster from Buffalo. The Austrian sniper has three points in six games — just one goal — and the Islanders are 2-5-0 since bringing him aboard.
According to Newsday’s Arthur Staple, Vanek did work out off-ice today and felt good, and the possibility of skating tomorrow remains in play.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 52
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5