Nov 12, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Vanek, 29, suffered an upper-body injury just seconds into Saturday’s loss to Columbus, left immediately, and didn’t return. He was subsequently held out of a 4-2 loss to Montreal on Sunday and won’t have a chance to snap New York’s four-game losing skid tonight against the Preds.
Things have not gone well for Vanek or the Isles since he was acquired in an October blockbuster from Buffalo. The Austrian sniper has three points in six games — just one goal — and the Islanders are 2-5-0 since bringing him aboard.
According to Newsday’s Arthur Staple, Vanek did work out off-ice today and felt good, and the possibility of skating tomorrow remains in play.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 1
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 3
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 34
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)