Nov 12, 2013, 10:54 PM EDT
Maybe Tuesday’s results have been, in some ways, about the little guys.
Earlier on, PHT discussed the Florida Panthers ending a nine-game losing streak against the Anaheim Ducks (aka the team with the most standings points in the NHL). That storyline was expanded most obviously with the lowly Buffalo Sabres edging the Los Angeles Kings 3-2 via a shutout, notching their first home win of 2013-14.
The rich got a little poorer tonight, too, as the Colorado Avalanche finally suffered a road loss. The Carolina Hurricanes beat them 2-1 as Justin Peters (a goalie some might have given up on) stopped 33 out of 34 shots. Ducks goaltender Frederik Andersen finally lost his first NHL game, too.
Also of note: the Philadelphia Flyers have won two in a row and scored nine goals in their last games while universally panned netminder Steve Mason continues his great work. Even the New Jersey Devils, New York Islanders and New York Rangers are showing signs of working things out.
Of course, things could turn back toward the negative quick enough, and not everyone’s immune. Still, for some, it’s better than nothing.
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)