Nov 12, 2013, 10:54 PM EDT
Maybe Tuesday’s results have been, in some ways, about the little guys.
Earlier on, PHT discussed the Florida Panthers ending a nine-game losing streak against the Anaheim Ducks (aka the team with the most standings points in the NHL). That storyline was expanded most obviously with the lowly Buffalo Sabres edging the Los Angeles Kings 3-2 via a shutout, notching their first home win of 2013-14.
The rich got a little poorer tonight, too, as the Colorado Avalanche finally suffered a road loss. The Carolina Hurricanes beat them 2-1 as Justin Peters (a goalie some might have given up on) stopped 33 out of 34 shots. Ducks goaltender Frederik Andersen finally lost his first NHL game, too.
Also of note: the Philadelphia Flyers have won two in a row and scored nine goals in their last games while universally panned netminder Steve Mason continues his great work. Even the New Jersey Devils, New York Islanders and New York Rangers are showing signs of working things out.
Of course, things could turn back toward the negative quick enough, and not everyone’s immune. Still, for some, it’s better than nothing.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 18
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 10
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 40
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)