Nov 12, 2013, 1:41 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars placed veteran forward Ray Whitney on injured reserve Tuesday, though the placement was retroactive to Saturday, Nov. 9.
Whitney, 41, logged huge minutes in Saturday’s 5-2 loss to Chicago — 21:08, his season-high — and currently sits third on the Stars in assists, with seven.
By placing Whitney on IR rectoactively, Dallas could only end up losing his services of a pair of games. The Stars play back-to-back games in Edmonton and Calgary on Wednesday and Thursday, then don’t play again until a road date in Vancouver on Sunday, Nov. 17.
Whitney, believed to be suffering a lower-body injury, is eligible to come off IR on the 16th.
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 5
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6