Nov 12, 2013, 1:41 PM EST
The Dallas Stars placed veteran forward Ray Whitney on injured reserve Tuesday, though the placement was retroactive to Saturday, Nov. 9.
Whitney, 41, logged huge minutes in Saturday’s 5-2 loss to Chicago — 21:08, his season-high — and currently sits third on the Stars in assists, with seven.
By placing Whitney on IR rectoactively, Dallas could only end up losing his services of a pair of games. The Stars play back-to-back games in Edmonton and Calgary on Wednesday and Thursday, then don’t play again until a road date in Vancouver on Sunday, Nov. 17.
Whitney, believed to be suffering a lower-body injury, is eligible to come off IR on the 16th.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 41
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 117
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (120)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)