Nov 12, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Chris Chelios convinced Wayne Gretzky to attended last night’s Hockey Hall of Fame induction ceremony. Afterwards, Gretzky was asked if he was interested in getting back into coaching and he dismissed the possibility. (Toronto Star)
Speaking of the Hall of Fame, here is a look at some of the great players that are on the outside looking in. (Ottawa Citizen)
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $2,500 Fantasy Hockey league tonight (Tuesday). It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $500. Starts at 7:30 p.m. ET. Here’s the link.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5