Nov 12, 2013, 8:18 PM EDT
New Jersey Devils defenseman Anton Volchenkov left Tuesday’s game against the New York Rangers with a lower-body injury and won’t return.
The Bergen Record’s Andrew Gross believes that the 31-year-old might have specifically hurt his legs tonight, but no official word beyond it being lower-half-of-the-torso related from the Devils.
The Russian defenseman’s days with the Devils have been marred by injuries, including being limited to 57 games in 2010-11. He’s never played more than 72 for New Jersey and had his issues in Ottawa, as well.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 89
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 14
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (89)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)