Nov 12, 2013, 8:18 PM EDT
New Jersey Devils defenseman Anton Volchenkov left Tuesday’s game against the New York Rangers with a lower-body injury and won’t return.
The Bergen Record’s Andrew Gross believes that the 31-year-old might have specifically hurt his legs tonight, but no official word beyond it being lower-half-of-the-torso related from the Devils.
The Russian defenseman’s days with the Devils have been marred by injuries, including being limited to 57 games in 2010-11. He’s never played more than 72 for New Jersey and had his issues in Ottawa, as well.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $33 million 0
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 16
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 18
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 16
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 50
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 57
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (66)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)