Nov 12, 2013, 8:18 PM EDT
New Jersey Devils defenseman Anton Volchenkov left Tuesday’s game against the New York Rangers with a lower-body injury and won’t return.
The Bergen Record’s Andrew Gross believes that the 31-year-old might have specifically hurt his legs tonight, but no official word beyond it being lower-half-of-the-torso related from the Devils.
The Russian defenseman’s days with the Devils have been marred by injuries, including being limited to 57 games in 2010-11. He’s never played more than 72 for New Jersey and had his issues in Ottawa, as well.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 1
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)