Nov 12, 2013, 8:18 PM EDT
New Jersey Devils defenseman Anton Volchenkov left Tuesday’s game against the New York Rangers with a lower-body injury and won’t return.
The Bergen Record’s Andrew Gross believes that the 31-year-old might have specifically hurt his legs tonight, but no official word beyond it being lower-half-of-the-torso related from the Devils.
The Russian defenseman’s days with the Devils have been marred by injuries, including being limited to 57 games in 2010-11. He’s never played more than 72 for New Jersey and had his issues in Ottawa, as well.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6