Nash says he ‘symptom-free'; playing it safe though

Nov 12, 2013, 1:36 PM EDT

ricknashvkings Getty Images

Good news for the New York Rangers — Rick Nash says he’s “symptom-free” from the head injury he suffered Oct. 8 when he was hit by Sharks defenseman Brad Stuart.

“[I am] symptom-free from the injury,” he said today, per NHL.com. “Just [need to] push myself more and more and see if any symptoms come back from it. But so far it’s been good.”

Nash has skated for four straight days. However, he’s still got a ways to go before he’s back in the lineup.

“When you look at it, New York has invested a lot in me and I’ve invested a lot in them,” he said. “I think even if we were losing it would be stupid to rush back. It’s a long-term contract and we want to make sure I come back at 110 percent and ready to play.”

The Rangers, of course, aren’t losing anymore; in fact, they’ve won six of their last seven following a 3-7-0 start under new head coach Alain Vigneault.

New York hosts rival New Jersey tonight at MSG.

Latest Posts
  1. ‘My first reaction was, oh my God, my eye is gone,’ says Detroit’s Miller

Apr 1, 2015, 8:18 PM EDT

MillerFace2

Red Wings forward reflects on Tuesday’s scary skate cut incident.

2. Voynov trial pushed back, again

Apr 1, 2015, 7:15 PM EDT

Sasha Voynov Sasha Voynov

Kings defenseman also suffered a ruptured Achilles.

3. WATCH LIVE: Flyers at Penguins on Rivalry Night

Apr 1, 2015, 6:38 PM EDT

crosbygirouxgetty Getty Images

Catch the game on NBCSN, or with NBCSports.com’s Live Extra.

4. After eight-game absence, St. Louis back for Rangers tomorrow

Apr 1, 2015, 6:13 PM EDT

New York Rangers v Tampa Bay Lightning Getty Images

He’ll play on a line with Carl Hagelin and Kevin Hayes.

5. Sharks send Goldobin to AHL Worcester

Apr 1, 2015, 5:26 PM EDT

Nikolay Goldobin Getty Images

Has been playing in Finland this season.

6. Numbers suggest Ducks are playing much better hockey

Apr 1, 2015, 4:24 PM EDT

John Gibson, Francois Beauchemin, Cam Fowler, Simon Despres AP

Certainly better than they were in February.

7. Hammond, Hudler, and Dubnyk are NHL’s three stars of the month

Apr 1, 2015, 3:27 PM EDT

Calgary Flames v Nashville Predators Getty Images

Did you know only six players in the entire NHL have more points than Hudler?

8. Video: Kane urges patience, but ‘trying to heal as fast as I can’

Apr 1, 2015, 2:27 PM EDT

Patrick Kane AP

“I think the timetable’s still at the 12-week mark.”

9. Video: Babcock got a little snippy with the media last night

Apr 1, 2015, 1:04 PM EDT

Mike Babcock Getty Images

“You guys when you’re asking me these questions, you guys want to be negative more than me.”

10. Patrick Kane is practicing today

Apr 1, 2015, 12:07 PM EDT

Kane practicing

Has it been 12 weeks already?

Can anything stop Tampa Bay?
Top 10 NHL Player Searches