Nov 12, 2013, 9:56 PM EDT
Considering the fact that it happened in overtime, it’s too early to panic. Still, some might, as Jonathan Quick left Tuesday’s Los Angeles Kings game with what seemed like an injury.
The Kings’ Twitter feed kept it vague and weird early on, as is their custom:
Quick is down, Scrivens is getting ready but not sure if he’ll go in yet. Ehh boy.
— LA Kings (@LAKings) November 13, 2013
The 27-year-old goalie suffered from his second straight early-season lull, but he was playing lights-out in the short term coming into tonight’s game, with one goal allowed in his previous two games.
Ben Scrivens has his proponents – at least as a backup – but the Kings don’t have the same high-pedigree goalie behind Quick as they did last season with Jonathan Bernier, so the hope is this isn’t a nagging issue.
We’ll need to wait and see how serious this might be, then.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 20
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 11
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 41
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 11
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)