Nov 12, 2013, 9:56 PM EDT
Considering the fact that it happened in overtime, it’s too early to panic. Still, some might, as Jonathan Quick left Tuesday’s Los Angeles Kings game with what seemed like an injury.
The Kings’ Twitter feed kept it vague and weird early on, as is their custom:
Quick is down, Scrivens is getting ready but not sure if he’ll go in yet. Ehh boy.
— LA Kings (@LAKings) November 13, 2013
The 27-year-old goalie suffered from his second straight early-season lull, but he was playing lights-out in the short term coming into tonight’s game, with one goal allowed in his previous two games.
Ben Scrivens has his proponents – at least as a backup – but the Kings don’t have the same high-pedigree goalie behind Quick as they did last season with Jonathan Bernier, so the hope is this isn’t a nagging issue.
We’ll need to wait and see how serious this might be, then.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 9
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 13
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 29
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 8
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)