Nov 12, 2013, 9:56 PM EDT
Considering the fact that it happened in overtime, it’s too early to panic. Still, some might, as Jonathan Quick left Tuesday’s Los Angeles Kings game with what seemed like an injury.
The Kings’ Twitter feed kept it vague and weird early on, as is their custom:
Quick is down, Scrivens is getting ready but not sure if he’ll go in yet. Ehh boy.
— LA Kings (@LAKings) November 13, 2013
The 27-year-old goalie suffered from his second straight early-season lull, but he was playing lights-out in the short term coming into tonight’s game, with one goal allowed in his previous two games.
Ben Scrivens has his proponents – at least as a backup – but the Kings don’t have the same high-pedigree goalie behind Quick as they did last season with Jonathan Bernier, so the hope is this isn’t a nagging issue.
We’ll need to wait and see how serious this might be, then.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 5
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 103
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 49
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 17
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63