Nov 12, 2013, 9:56 PM EST
Considering the fact that it happened in overtime, it’s too early to panic. Still, some might, as Jonathan Quick left Tuesday’s Los Angeles Kings game with what seemed like an injury.
The Kings’ Twitter feed kept it vague and weird early on, as is their custom:
Quick is down, Scrivens is getting ready but not sure if he’ll go in yet. Ehh boy.
— LA Kings (@LAKings) November 13, 2013
The 27-year-old goalie suffered from his second straight early-season lull, but he was playing lights-out in the short term coming into tonight’s game, with one goal allowed in his previous two games.
Ben Scrivens has his proponents – at least as a backup – but the Kings don’t have the same high-pedigree goalie behind Quick as they did last season with Jonathan Bernier, so the hope is this isn’t a nagging issue.
We’ll need to wait and see how serious this might be, then.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)