Nov 12, 2013, 1:12 PM EDT
Getzlaf, 28, hasn’t played since scoring a hat trick (finishing with four points) in an 6-2 whipping of Buffalo last Friday. He said his upper-body injury got progressively worse during the Sabres game, forcing him to miss Sunday’s 3-1 win over Vancouver and tonight’s game against the Panthers.
Getzlaf has been on fire this season, notching 22 points in his first 18 games, and is on pace for 99 points, which would establish a career high by eclipsing the 91 he scored during the 2008-09 campaign.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32