Nov 12, 2013, 1:12 PM EST
Getzlaf, 28, hasn’t played since scoring a hat trick (finishing with four points) in an 6-2 whipping of Buffalo last Friday. He said his upper-body injury got progressively worse during the Sabres game, forcing him to miss Sunday’s 3-1 win over Vancouver and tonight’s game against the Panthers.
Getzlaf has been on fire this season, notching 22 points in his first 18 games, and is on pace for 99 points, which would establish a career high by eclipsing the 91 he scored during the 2008-09 campaign.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 28