Nov 12, 2013, 1:12 PM EDT
Getzlaf, 28, hasn’t played since scoring a hat trick (finishing with four points) in an 6-2 whipping of Buffalo last Friday. He said his upper-body injury got progressively worse during the Sabres game, forcing him to miss Sunday’s 3-1 win over Vancouver and tonight’s game against the Panthers.
Getzlaf has been on fire this season, notching 22 points in his first 18 games, and is on pace for 99 points, which would establish a career high by eclipsing the 91 he scored during the 2008-09 campaign.
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 0
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 11
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 24
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22