Nov 12, 2013, 7:50 PM EDT
Update: Morris isn’t the only key Coyotes player likely on the sideline. AZ Central’s Sarah McLellan reports that Martin Hanzal is day-to-day with an illness, Radim Vrbata might miss today’s game and Morris has been placed on the IR. Ouch.
Morris, 35, might not sound like a key piece for Phoenix any longer, but he’s having a startlingly strong start to 2013-14. He has 10 points in 14 games, just one short of the 11 he produced in 2012-13 (39 games) and 2011-12 (59 contests).
The Coyotes face the Blues in St. Louis on Tuesday.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 15
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 11
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 26
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 56
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 60
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)