Nov 11, 2013, 8:30 PM EST
What’s more, he’s also willing to explore the option of a trade if the club is unhappy with his client.
“We’re willing to make a move,” Larionov explained. “Any team. That happens and that’s part of life.”
Yakupov’s sophomore campaign in Edmonton has been filled with drama. New head coach Dallas Eakins has twice made Yakupov a healthy scratch, there’s been a flurry of trade rumors and the Russian winger’s production has fallen off — he’s on pace for just nine goals and 18 points this season, which would be a major decrease after posting 17 goals and 31 points in the lockout-shortened 2013 campaign.
(Oh yeah, there was also Russian Olympic scout Igor Kravchuk telling an Ottawa radio station that Yakupov “has to make up his mind, if he’s not going to change his game, then he has no future [in the NHL],” and “from what I see, his team game is really, really poor.”)
Recently, Yakupov has seen a major reduction in ice time, getting just 10:46 in a 4-2 loss to Philly and 10:54 in a 5-4 loss to Chicago. He did score his second goal of the season against the ‘Hawks, however.
It’ll be interesting to see what comes from the Larionov meeting. Oilers GM Craig “man of action” MacTavish is clearly unimpressed with his club so far — he’s recently traded defenseman Ladislav Smid to clear space for the signing of goalie Ilya Bryzgalov — but Eakins has already gone public and said any Yakupov trade rumor is “100 percent untrue.”
As for Larionov, he’s well-respected within hockey circles but is relatively new to the agent game, having only served in the capacity for a few years.
Nov 23, 2014, 2:30 AM EST
L.A. has won only once away from Staples Center this season.
Nov 23, 2014, 1:34 AM EST
Edmonton lost 7-1 on home ice. Six straight losses.
Nov 23, 2014, 1:01 AM EST
Nov 23, 2014, 12:28 AM EST
Washington lost out on a chance for three straight wins.
Nov 23, 2014, 12:01 AM EST
These teams play against Dec. 27.
Nov 22, 2014, 11:23 PM EST
Struggling is an understatement.
Nov 22, 2014, 10:56 PM EST
Meanwhile, Edmonton at risk of losing six straight.
Nov 22, 2014, 10:26 PM EST
Nov 22, 2014, 9:56 PM EST
New York takes both games of home-and-home set with Pittsburgh.
Nov 22, 2014, 9:23 PM EST
Difficult news for Washington.
Nov 22, 2014, 9:13 PM EST
Nov 22, 2014, 8:53 PM EST
Dealt with injury last season.
Nov 22, 2014, 8:32 PM EST
Fight didn’t last long.
Nov 22, 2014, 8:17 PM EST
“This is the biggest thing I’ve ever seen in my life with Toronto.”
Nov 22, 2014, 7:38 PM EST
Dallas has moved a trio of blue liners recently.
Nov 22, 2014, 7:09 PM EST
“Let the referees do their job, we’ll do our job.”
Nov 22, 2014, 6:31 PM EST
The St. Louis defender had an assist on the eventual winner.
Nov 22, 2014, 5:55 PM EST
Conflicting ideas on whether it was a fight or not.
Nov 22, 2014, 5:27 PM EST
In the rain, too, apparently.
Nov 22, 2014, 4:55 PM EST
“They embarrassed us pretty good in their building.”
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 6
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 30
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)