Nov 11, 2013, 10:04 AM EDT
Washington Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin wasn’t very happy following his team’s 4-1 loss to the Colorado Avalanche. Not only was the loss itself a downer, but he was unhappy a penalty wasn’t called on a play in the second period that saw him go face-first into the boards.
Only problem here is Ovechkin wasn’t tripped.
“On video, you have the advantage of video, [Hejda's] not trying to do anything but his stick-hit Ovi’s skate, so he went in hard,” Oates said.
Hejda, too, proclaimed his innocence on the play saying he had his stick on the ice and Ovechkin may have stepped on it. Of course, as you can see by the photo, that won’t do much to soothe Ovechkin’s sore face and feelings.
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 6
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 4
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 36
- Report: Gryba, Tropp avoid punishment after getting tossed for hits 6
- What they’re saying about the Sabres (and it’s not good) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Caps, Red Wings battle after hotly contested 13-14 series 5
- Miller wins 300th, Canes finish Oct. without single victory 7
- Video: Backes crashes into Daley, falls to ice hard (Updated) 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (61)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)