Nov 11, 2013, 10:04 AM EDT
Washington Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin wasn’t very happy following his team’s 4-1 loss to the Colorado Avalanche. Not only was the loss itself a downer, but he was unhappy a penalty wasn’t called on a play in the second period that saw him go face-first into the boards.
Only problem here is Ovechkin wasn’t tripped.
“On video, you have the advantage of video, [Hejda's] not trying to do anything but his stick-hit Ovi’s skate, so he went in hard,” Oates said.
Hejda, too, proclaimed his innocence on the play saying he had his stick on the ice and Ovechkin may have stepped on it. Of course, as you can see by the photo, that won’t do much to soothe Ovechkin’s sore face and feelings.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 3
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)