Nov 11, 2013, 10:04 AM EDT
Washington Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin wasn’t very happy following his team’s 4-1 loss to the Colorado Avalanche. Not only was the loss itself a downer, but he was unhappy a penalty wasn’t called on a play in the second period that saw him go face-first into the boards.
Only problem here is Ovechkin wasn’t tripped.
“On video, you have the advantage of video, [Hejda's] not trying to do anything but his stick-hit Ovi’s skate, so he went in hard,” Oates said.
Hejda, too, proclaimed his innocence on the play saying he had his stick on the ice and Ovechkin may have stepped on it. Of course, as you can see by the photo, that won’t do much to soothe Ovechkin’s sore face and feelings.
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 1
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 10
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 19
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 22
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 22
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 51
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 22
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 19
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (51)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)