Nov 11, 2013, 10:04 AM EDT
Washington Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin wasn’t very happy following his team’s 4-1 loss to the Colorado Avalanche. Not only was the loss itself a downer, but he was unhappy a penalty wasn’t called on a play in the second period that saw him go face-first into the boards.
Only problem here is Ovechkin wasn’t tripped.
“On video, you have the advantage of video, [Hejda's] not trying to do anything but his stick-hit Ovi’s skate, so he went in hard,” Oates said.
Hejda, too, proclaimed his innocence on the play saying he had his stick on the ice and Ovechkin may have stepped on it. Of course, as you can see by the photo, that won’t do much to soothe Ovechkin’s sore face and feelings.
- TGIF: In which we salivate over potential playoff matchups 4
- Backstrom to receive silver medal, IOC says Sweden doctor ‘made a serious error’ 23
- Pens lose Neal to concussion 45
- Here are the top 10 and bottom 10 goalies in even-strength save percentage 18
- Weekend preview: Flyers-Pens rivalry renewed, Bruins look to stay hot 11
- Video: Stamkos scores first goal since returning to Lightning lineup 4
- Sedin backs Tortorella and staff: ‘We love playing for these coaches’ 25
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider 98
- Callahan: I wanted to stay in New York 38
- Playoff bubble watch — Wild edition 18
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (73)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)