Nov 11, 2013, 10:04 AM EDT
Washington Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin wasn’t very happy following his team’s 4-1 loss to the Colorado Avalanche. Not only was the loss itself a downer, but he was unhappy a penalty wasn’t called on a play in the second period that saw him go face-first into the boards.
Only problem here is Ovechkin wasn’t tripped.
“On video, you have the advantage of video, [Hejda's] not trying to do anything but his stick-hit Ovi’s skate, so he went in hard,” Oates said.
Hejda, too, proclaimed his innocence on the play saying he had his stick on the ice and Ovechkin may have stepped on it. Of course, as you can see by the photo, that won’t do much to soothe Ovechkin’s sore face and feelings.
- With Dubinsky locked up, Jackets next task is re-signing Johansen 6
- Lightning sign Brenden Morrow for one year 26
- Jackets sign Dubinsky through 2020-21 39
- AHL’s new overtime rules include 3-on-3 play 27
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 69
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 15
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 35
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 62
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 170
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 57
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (170)
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration (70)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (62)
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery (59)