Nov 11, 2013, 1:53 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues will be without defenseman Jordan Leopold for at least a couple of months while he undergoes and recovers from surgery to repair ligament damage in his hand.
Head coach Ken Hitchcock provided the timeline to reporters today.
Leopold, 33, has two assists in 13 games while averaging 15:45 of ice time.
The Blues (11-2-2) have won three straight; they host Phoenix tomorrow (NBCSN, 8 p.m. ET).
- Lightning sign Brenden Morrow for one year 23
- Jackets sign Dubinsky through 2020-21 38
- AHL’s new overtime rules include 3-on-3 play 27
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 64
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 15
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 35
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 62
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 170
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 57
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery 59
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (170)
- Pros and cons of Subban filing for arbitration (67)
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration (65)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (62)