Nov 11, 2013, 1:53 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues will be without defenseman Jordan Leopold for at least a couple of months while he undergoes and recovers from surgery to repair ligament damage in his hand.
Head coach Ken Hitchcock provided the timeline to reporters today.
Leopold, 33, has two assists in 13 games while averaging 15:45 of ice time.
The Blues (11-2-2) have won three straight; they host Phoenix tomorrow (NBCSN, 8 p.m. ET).
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5