Nov 11, 2013, 1:53 PM EST
The St. Louis Blues will be without defenseman Jordan Leopold for at least a couple of months while he undergoes and recovers from surgery to repair ligament damage in his hand.
Head coach Ken Hitchcock provided the timeline to reporters today.
Leopold, 33, has two assists in 13 games while averaging 15:45 of ice time.
The Blues (11-2-2) have won three straight; they host Phoenix tomorrow (NBCSN, 8 p.m. ET).
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 13
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 6
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 13
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 16
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 8
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35