Nov 11, 2013, 7:45 PM EST
On Monday, St. Louis activated veteran forward Brenden Morrow from injured reserve, sending forward Chris Porter to its AHL affiliate in Chicago.
Morrow, 34, was injured late in a 3-2 win over the Jets on Oct. 29 after taking a crosscheck to the ribs in the third period. The injury overshadowed an otherwise solid game for Morrow, as he scored his second goal of the year and fired a pair of shots on net in the process.
Morrow didn’t travel with the Blues for their subsequent two-game Florida road swing, and was placed on IR. He’s missed five games all told with what’s believed to be an upper-body injury, but should be back in the lineup on Tuesday to take on the Coyotes.
The gritty winger has been a nice addition to the Blues lineup thus far, but has had issues staying healthy. Morrow also missed some time in mid-October after getting nailed by San Jose’s Brent Burns on Oct. 19, suffering a neck injury.
All told Morrow has appeared in just nine games this year for the Blues, scoring two goals and three points.
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvrith makes Sabres debut 0
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 17
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 33
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 33
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)