Nov 11, 2013, 7:45 PM EDT
On Monday, St. Louis activated veteran forward Brenden Morrow from injured reserve, sending forward Chris Porter to its AHL affiliate in Chicago.
Morrow, 34, was injured late in a 3-2 win over the Jets on Oct. 29 after taking a crosscheck to the ribs in the third period. The injury overshadowed an otherwise solid game for Morrow, as he scored his second goal of the year and fired a pair of shots on net in the process.
Morrow didn’t travel with the Blues for their subsequent two-game Florida road swing, and was placed on IR. He’s missed five games all told with what’s believed to be an upper-body injury, but should be back in the lineup on Tuesday to take on the Coyotes.
The gritty winger has been a nice addition to the Blues lineup thus far, but has had issues staying healthy. Morrow also missed some time in mid-October after getting nailed by San Jose’s Brent Burns on Oct. 19, suffering a neck injury.
All told Morrow has appeared in just nine games this year for the Blues, scoring two goals and three points.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 56
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)