Nov 11, 2013, 7:45 PM EST
On Monday, St. Louis activated veteran forward Brenden Morrow from injured reserve, sending forward Chris Porter to its AHL affiliate in Chicago.
Morrow, 34, was injured late in a 3-2 win over the Jets on Oct. 29 after taking a crosscheck to the ribs in the third period. The injury overshadowed an otherwise solid game for Morrow, as he scored his second goal of the year and fired a pair of shots on net in the process.
Morrow didn’t travel with the Blues for their subsequent two-game Florida road swing, and was placed on IR. He’s missed five games all told with what’s believed to be an upper-body injury, but should be back in the lineup on Tuesday to take on the Coyotes.
The gritty winger has been a nice addition to the Blues lineup thus far, but has had issues staying healthy. Morrow also missed some time in mid-October after getting nailed by San Jose’s Brent Burns on Oct. 19, suffering a neck injury.
All told Morrow has appeared in just nine games this year for the Blues, scoring two goals and three points.
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 27
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 3
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 57
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)