Nov 11, 2013, 7:45 PM EDT
On Monday, St. Louis activated veteran forward Brenden Morrow from injured reserve, sending forward Chris Porter to its AHL affiliate in Chicago.
Morrow, 34, was injured late in a 3-2 win over the Jets on Oct. 29 after taking a crosscheck to the ribs in the third period. The injury overshadowed an otherwise solid game for Morrow, as he scored his second goal of the year and fired a pair of shots on net in the process.
Morrow didn’t travel with the Blues for their subsequent two-game Florida road swing, and was placed on IR. He’s missed five games all told with what’s believed to be an upper-body injury, but should be back in the lineup on Tuesday to take on the Coyotes.
The gritty winger has been a nice addition to the Blues lineup thus far, but has had issues staying healthy. Morrow also missed some time in mid-October after getting nailed by San Jose’s Brent Burns on Oct. 19, suffering a neck injury.
All told Morrow has appeared in just nine games this year for the Blues, scoring two goals and three points.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 16
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 10
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 37
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)