Nov 11, 2013, 7:45 PM EST
On Monday, St. Louis activated veteran forward Brenden Morrow from injured reserve, sending forward Chris Porter to its AHL affiliate in Chicago.
Morrow, 34, was injured late in a 3-2 win over the Jets on Oct. 29 after taking a crosscheck to the ribs in the third period. The injury overshadowed an otherwise solid game for Morrow, as he scored his second goal of the year and fired a pair of shots on net in the process.
Morrow didn’t travel with the Blues for their subsequent two-game Florida road swing, and was placed on IR. He’s missed five games all told with what’s believed to be an upper-body injury, but should be back in the lineup on Tuesday to take on the Coyotes.
The gritty winger has been a nice addition to the Blues lineup thus far, but has had issues staying healthy. Morrow also missed some time in mid-October after getting nailed by San Jose’s Brent Burns on Oct. 19, suffering a neck injury.
All told Morrow has appeared in just nine games this year for the Blues, scoring two goals and three points.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)