Nov 11, 2013, 11:23 PM EDT
Monday was not a good day for the Tampa Bay Lightning.
In addition to losing leading scorer Steve Stamkos to a broken tibia in a 3-0 loss to Boston, the Bolts also learned defensemen Sami Salo and Keith Aulie suffered injuries on Monday as well, according to the Tampa Bay Times.
Salo, the club’s oldest skater at 39, suffered a lower-body injury against the Bruins and is doubtful for tomorrow’s matchup against the Habs. Aulie suffered an upper-body ailment, and the Lightning didn’t release any update on his status or availability for Tuesday.
Of the pair, Salo is by far the bigger loss. The veteran Finn had five points through 15 games while averaging over 20 minutes per night, third among all blueliners in TOI. Aulie, 24, was making just his third appearance of the season against Boston and has had a difficult time cracking Tampa’s top-six defense.
The club will be hopeful that Salo and Aulie aren’t out for a lengthy period of time. Beginning Saturday, Tampa begins a grueling four-game Western swing against Phoenix, Los Angeles, San Jose and Anaheim — four of the top 13 teams in the NHL.
Apr 17, 2014, 2:08 PM EDT
Just in case you don’t recognize them tonight.
Apr 17, 2014, 1:01 PM EDT
“You definitely want to be physical on him.”
Apr 17, 2014, 12:41 PM EDT
Game 1 gets underway at Scottrade at 8 p.m. ET (on NBCSN).
Apr 17, 2014, 11:57 AM EDT
Classic rivalry will get underway tonight at Scottrade.
Apr 17, 2014, 11:50 AM EDT
Even though they’re not really underdogs.
Apr 17, 2014, 11:44 AM EDT
Apr 17, 2014, 11:02 AM EDT
Both teams bounced back from bad starts to make the playoffs.
Apr 17, 2014, 11:02 AM EDT
Matt Duchene is already on the shelf.
Apr 17, 2014, 10:33 AM EDT
Apr 17, 2014, 9:53 AM EDT
It’s a motivation thing.
Apr 17, 2014, 9:25 AM EDT
He had eight points in 19 games with New York.
Apr 17, 2014, 8:25 AM EDT
New York, St. Louis, Denver, and San Jose is where it’s at tonight.
Apr 17, 2014, 1:19 AM EDT
A Tyler Seguin bullet, no less.
Apr 17, 2014, 1:08 AM EDT
A tale of two games, really.
Apr 17, 2014, 12:52 AM EDT
“We did it time and time again.”
Apr 17, 2014, 12:26 AM EDT
“It’s one that got by him.”
Apr 17, 2014, 12:03 AM EDT
The trio was big in Wednesday’s Game 1 victory over the Jackets.
Apr 16, 2014, 11:23 PM EDT
It’s bad enough to inspire Jon Cooper’s pity, though.
Apr 16, 2014, 10:59 PM EDT
“We aren’t here just to go to school. We’re here to win.”
Apr 16, 2014, 10:41 PM EDT
After all that star power in regulation …
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 1
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 49
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 2
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 7
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 61
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 36
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 (61)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)