Nov 11, 2013, 11:23 PM EDT
Monday was not a good day for the Tampa Bay Lightning.
In addition to losing leading scorer Steve Stamkos to a broken tibia in a 3-0 loss to Boston, the Bolts also learned defensemen Sami Salo and Keith Aulie suffered injuries on Monday as well, according to the Tampa Bay Times.
Salo, the club’s oldest skater at 39, suffered a lower-body injury against the Bruins and is doubtful for tomorrow’s matchup against the Habs. Aulie suffered an upper-body ailment, and the Lightning didn’t release any update on his status or availability for Tuesday.
Of the pair, Salo is by far the bigger loss. The veteran Finn had five points through 15 games while averaging over 20 minutes per night, third among all blueliners in TOI. Aulie, 24, was making just his third appearance of the season against Boston and has had a difficult time cracking Tampa’s top-six defense.
The club will be hopeful that Salo and Aulie aren’t out for a lengthy period of time. Beginning Saturday, Tampa begins a grueling four-game Western swing against Phoenix, Los Angeles, San Jose and Anaheim — four of the top 13 teams in the NHL.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)