Nov 10, 2013, 2:04 PM EDT
Thomas Vanek‘s departure from the New York Islanders game Saturday night with an upper-body injury will have repercussions on their lineup tonight.
In his six games with the Islanders since being acquired from the Buffalo Sabres, Vanek has one goal and two assists. The team is 2-4-0 since trading Matt Moulson for Vanek back on October 27. Meanwhile, Moulson has two goals and four assists in six games with the Sabres since the deal, although his last game against the Ducks didn’t exactly go very well.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8