Nov 10, 2013, 8:04 PM EDT
As it seems clearer and clearer that the Nashville Predators are sticking with Carter Hutton & Co. until Pekka Rinne can come back, many fans might feel increasingly nervous about that timetable. The team didn’t provide further specifics – beyond a late November MRI – in this update regarding their franchise goalie’s health on Sunday:
Pekka Rinne underwent a MRI earlier this week and he continues to progress in his recovery from a bacterial infection in his hip which was initially identified and addressed with arthroscopic hip surgery on October 24. There have been no setbacks – and we and the doctors are thankful they have identified the infection – so now it is simply a matter of time for recovery and allowing treatment to take its course. Pekka will remain on crutches and antibiotics for at least the next couple weeks before a follow-up MRI in late November. We expect a full and complete recovery and will provide additional updates when appropriate.
Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos reported on Nov. 5 that the 31-year-old would be sidelined until around Christmas time, a window of recovery that the Predators haven’t confirmed or denied.
The Predators are 8-6-2 so far this season despite allowing 12 more goals than they’ve generated (37 vs. 49). Including tonight’s game (in progress) against the New Jersey Devils, the Predators face five of their next six games on the road.
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 36
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (38)