Nov 10, 2013, 4:21 PM EDT
Kevin Kurz of CSNBayArea.com caught up with the former Sharks winger and finds out maturity is helping him out these days.
“I definitely think I’ve grown up a lot since I’ve been – it’s been six years, this is my seventh [in the NHL]. It’s been a long time,” said Setoguchi, who was a healthy scratch on Oct. 18 after some early season struggles. “A little bit more mature in the way I handle things and conduct myself, and my play on the ice.”
Setoguchi had his best pro season with the Sharks scoring 31 goals and 65 points in 2008-09 playing on a line with Joe Thornton. Since then, the goal totals have slipped (he hasn’t scored 20 or more since departing the Sharks) and he’s been traded twice (once each by the Sharks and Wild).
The Jets host the Sharks tonight and there’s nothing more Setoguchi wants than to put one over on his former team.
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 30
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 11
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 114
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 6
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 14
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 63
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 25
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 92
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (111)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (92)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)