Nov 10, 2013, 4:21 PM EDT
Kevin Kurz of CSNBayArea.com caught up with the former Sharks winger and finds out maturity is helping him out these days.
“I definitely think I’ve grown up a lot since I’ve been – it’s been six years, this is my seventh [in the NHL]. It’s been a long time,” said Setoguchi, who was a healthy scratch on Oct. 18 after some early season struggles. “A little bit more mature in the way I handle things and conduct myself, and my play on the ice.”
Setoguchi had his best pro season with the Sharks scoring 31 goals and 65 points in 2008-09 playing on a line with Joe Thornton. Since then, the goal totals have slipped (he hasn’t scored 20 or more since departing the Sharks) and he’s been traded twice (once each by the Sharks and Wild).
The Jets host the Sharks tonight and there’s nothing more Setoguchi wants than to put one over on his former team.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 8
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 25
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 37
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)