Nov 10, 2013, 4:21 PM EDT
Kevin Kurz of CSNBayArea.com caught up with the former Sharks winger and finds out maturity is helping him out these days.
“I definitely think I’ve grown up a lot since I’ve been – it’s been six years, this is my seventh [in the NHL]. It’s been a long time,” said Setoguchi, who was a healthy scratch on Oct. 18 after some early season struggles. “A little bit more mature in the way I handle things and conduct myself, and my play on the ice.”
Setoguchi had his best pro season with the Sharks scoring 31 goals and 65 points in 2008-09 playing on a line with Joe Thornton. Since then, the goal totals have slipped (he hasn’t scored 20 or more since departing the Sharks) and he’s been traded twice (once each by the Sharks and Wild).
The Jets host the Sharks tonight and there’s nothing more Setoguchi wants than to put one over on his former team.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (61)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)