Nov 10, 2013, 12:23 PM EDT
The Panthers sent Markstrom back to AHL San Antonio and for the 23-year-old Swede it may be a blessing in disguise.
This season, he’s had a rough go of it going 1-5-3 with a 3.36 goals-against average and a .877 save percentage, all of which are the worst or tied for worst on the team. Clemmensen hasn’t been much better than that this year, but if the Panthers are committed to having their young guys lead the team in the future, getting Markstrom back on his game is necessary.
Markstrom was the Panthers’ second-round pick back in 2008, 31st overall, and he’s a player they’ve been very high on ever since.
- Wild hoping last change can help turn the tide versus Avs 0
- Wild changes: Kuemper starts, Brodziak sits, Heatley draws in 2
- No hearing scheduled for Richards after Couture spear 8
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 14
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 25
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 31
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 41
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 68
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 91
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (152)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (112)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)