Nov 10, 2013, 12:23 PM EDT
The Panthers sent Markstrom back to AHL San Antonio and for the 23-year-old Swede it may be a blessing in disguise.
This season, he’s had a rough go of it going 1-5-3 with a 3.36 goals-against average and a .877 save percentage, all of which are the worst or tied for worst on the team. Clemmensen hasn’t been much better than that this year, but if the Panthers are committed to having their young guys lead the team in the future, getting Markstrom back on his game is necessary.
Markstrom was the Panthers’ second-round pick back in 2008, 31st overall, and he’s a player they’ve been very high on ever since.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5