Nov 10, 2013, 12:23 PM EDT
The Panthers sent Markstrom back to AHL San Antonio and for the 23-year-old Swede it may be a blessing in disguise.
This season, he’s had a rough go of it going 1-5-3 with a 3.36 goals-against average and a .877 save percentage, all of which are the worst or tied for worst on the team. Clemmensen hasn’t been much better than that this year, but if the Panthers are committed to having their young guys lead the team in the future, getting Markstrom back on his game is necessary.
Markstrom was the Panthers’ second-round pick back in 2008, 31st overall, and he’s a player they’ve been very high on ever since.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34