Nov 10, 2013, 12:23 PM EDT
The Panthers sent Markstrom back to AHL San Antonio and for the 23-year-old Swede it may be a blessing in disguise.
This season, he’s had a rough go of it going 1-5-3 with a 3.36 goals-against average and a .877 save percentage, all of which are the worst or tied for worst on the team. Clemmensen hasn’t been much better than that this year, but if the Panthers are committed to having their young guys lead the team in the future, getting Markstrom back on his game is necessary.
Markstrom was the Panthers’ second-round pick back in 2008, 31st overall, and he’s a player they’ve been very high on ever since.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 8
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 16
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)