Nov 10, 2013, 8:55 PM EDT
Update: As it turns out, the Florida Panthers haven’t been punishing Scott Gomez for perceived poor play. He’s missed the last three game with a groin injury and is considered day-to-day, according to the Miami Herald’s George Richards.
Gomez, 33, has four points in 15 games this season, but all of them came early on. That goal and three assists came in the first eight contests. Since that last assist on Oct. 15, he went on an eight-game pointless streak.
At least Gomez’s struggles are no longer frequently mocked because of a bloated contract, as the Montreal Canadiens made him one of the league’s first compliance buyouts following the last lockout’s closure.
Tim Thomas and the Panthers hope to get on track against an improving New York Rangers team in Madison Square Garden on Sunday.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)