Nov 10, 2013, 8:55 PM EDT
Update: As it turns out, the Florida Panthers haven’t been punishing Scott Gomez for perceived poor play. He’s missed the last three game with a groin injury and is considered day-to-day, according to the Miami Herald’s George Richards.
Gomez, 33, has four points in 15 games this season, but all of them came early on. That goal and three assists came in the first eight contests. Since that last assist on Oct. 15, he went on an eight-game pointless streak.
At least Gomez’s struggles are no longer frequently mocked because of a bloated contract, as the Montreal Canadiens made him one of the league’s first compliance buyouts following the last lockout’s closure.
Tim Thomas and the Panthers hope to get on track against an improving New York Rangers team in Madison Square Garden on Sunday.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5