Nov 10, 2013, 8:55 PM EDT
Update: As it turns out, the Florida Panthers haven’t been punishing Scott Gomez for perceived poor play. He’s missed the last three game with a groin injury and is considered day-to-day, according to the Miami Herald’s George Richards.
Gomez, 33, has four points in 15 games this season, but all of them came early on. That goal and three assists came in the first eight contests. Since that last assist on Oct. 15, he went on an eight-game pointless streak.
At least Gomez’s struggles are no longer frequently mocked because of a bloated contract, as the Montreal Canadiens made him one of the league’s first compliance buyouts following the last lockout’s closure.
Tim Thomas and the Panthers hope to get on track against an improving New York Rangers team in Madison Square Garden on Sunday.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39