Nov 10, 2013, 8:55 PM EST
Update: As it turns out, the Florida Panthers haven’t been punishing Scott Gomez for perceived poor play. He’s missed the last three game with a groin injury and is considered day-to-day, according to the Miami Herald’s George Richards.
Gomez, 33, has four points in 15 games this season, but all of them came early on. That goal and three assists came in the first eight contests. Since that last assist on Oct. 15, he went on an eight-game pointless streak.
At least Gomez’s struggles are no longer frequently mocked because of a bloated contract, as the Montreal Canadiens made him one of the league’s first compliance buyouts following the last lockout’s closure.
Tim Thomas and the Panthers hope to get on track against an improving New York Rangers team in Madison Square Garden on Sunday.
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 8
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 7
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 17
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 17
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)