Nov 10, 2013, 8:55 PM EDT
Update: As it turns out, the Florida Panthers haven’t been punishing Scott Gomez for perceived poor play. He’s missed the last three game with a groin injury and is considered day-to-day, according to the Miami Herald’s George Richards.
Gomez, 33, has four points in 15 games this season, but all of them came early on. That goal and three assists came in the first eight contests. Since that last assist on Oct. 15, he went on an eight-game pointless streak.
At least Gomez’s struggles are no longer frequently mocked because of a bloated contract, as the Montreal Canadiens made him one of the league’s first compliance buyouts following the last lockout’s closure.
Tim Thomas and the Panthers hope to get on track against an improving New York Rangers team in Madison Square Garden on Sunday.
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 0
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55