Nov 10, 2013, 6:46 PM EDT
Conventional wisdom argues that you’d rest a 39-year-old during one of back-to-back games coming off an injury. That being said, how often does conventional wisdom apply to Tim Thomas?
The Florida Panthers decided to give the unorthodox another start on Sunday, so he’ll play against the New York Rangers instead of Scott Clemmensen on Sunday.
Thomas made his return to the Panthers’ lineup on Saturday, allowing three goals on 32 shots in a 3-2 loss to the Ottawa Senators. He told the Miami Herald that he felt better as he went along yesterday.
Thomas is 2-4-0 with a .905 save percentage and 3.10 GAA in seven games played so far in a roller coaster start to 2013-14.
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 14
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 57
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 8
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 23
- Bergeron, Kopitar and Toews named Selke finalists 26
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight (Update: Game-time decision) 58
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 34
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 21
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 94
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 104
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)