Nov 10, 2013, 6:46 PM EDT
Conventional wisdom argues that you’d rest a 39-year-old during one of back-to-back games coming off an injury. That being said, how often does conventional wisdom apply to Tim Thomas?
The Florida Panthers decided to give the unorthodox another start on Sunday, so he’ll play against the New York Rangers instead of Scott Clemmensen on Sunday.
Thomas made his return to the Panthers’ lineup on Saturday, allowing three goals on 32 shots in a 3-2 loss to the Ottawa Senators. He told the Miami Herald that he felt better as he went along yesterday.
Thomas is 2-4-0 with a .905 save percentage and 3.10 GAA in seven games played so far in a roller coaster start to 2013-14.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)