Nov 10, 2013, 6:46 PM EDT
Conventional wisdom argues that you’d rest a 39-year-old during one of back-to-back games coming off an injury. That being said, how often does conventional wisdom apply to Tim Thomas?
The Florida Panthers decided to give the unorthodox another start on Sunday, so he’ll play against the New York Rangers instead of Scott Clemmensen on Sunday.
Thomas made his return to the Panthers’ lineup on Saturday, allowing three goals on 32 shots in a 3-2 loss to the Ottawa Senators. He told the Miami Herald that he felt better as he went along yesterday.
Thomas is 2-4-0 with a .905 save percentage and 3.10 GAA in seven games played so far in a roller coaster start to 2013-14.
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 13
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 28
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 8
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42