Nov 10, 2013, 6:46 PM EDT
Conventional wisdom argues that you’d rest a 39-year-old during one of back-to-back games coming off an injury. That being said, how often does conventional wisdom apply to Tim Thomas?
The Florida Panthers decided to give the unorthodox another start on Sunday, so he’ll play against the New York Rangers instead of Scott Clemmensen on Sunday.
Thomas made his return to the Panthers’ lineup on Saturday, allowing three goals on 32 shots in a 3-2 loss to the Ottawa Senators. He told the Miami Herald that he felt better as he went along yesterday.
Thomas is 2-4-0 with a .905 save percentage and 3.10 GAA in seven games played so far in a roller coaster start to 2013-14.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)